Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leak in the bottom hose that runs from under the water pump to the inside of the car....Heater hose I guess? im not sure what the hose is for...Do I have to replace the whole hose? It seems pressurized bc the water/coolant? kept coming out after the engine was off... I hardly ever use the heater here in FL but don't necessarily want to get rid of it either... Heres a pic look just right of the dipstick and you can see water coming out

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
I can't tell but is that the one with the flow valve and if so is that where it's leaking. You can replace just that valve [available at a GM dealer or auto parts stores] with clamps.

You can cut any hose and join with a connector but weigh the cost of a "fix" and a repair [new hose].

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its called the bypass hose it like 80 bucks if im right if im right jus take of both.
Damn K thx for the info...

I can't tell but is that the one with the flow valve and if so is that where it's leaking. You can replace just that valve [available at a GM dealer or auto parts stores] with clamps.

You can cut any hose and join with a connector but weigh the cost of a "fix" and a repair [new hose].

Yeah its leaking form the "valve/connector thing" ...You just said exactly what my dad was telling me about the clamps... K guess I better do it the right and repair it...Thx alot-Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.