Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Parked my wagon for a couple months and when I pulled it back out I noticed its leaning to right and has a constant pull to the right I have had it 5 years and only suspension work I ever did to it was air shocks in the rear with a manual fill kit

I was thinking ball joints but I wanna make sure catch all the problems that could be there at once

I get a constant pull to the rite but under heavy braking it will either straiten out or pull left I am also noticing alot of play in the steering car drove pretty straight before I parked it

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
BJ is not in the top 20 things I'd check for what you're describing.

You won't believe how many people overlook tire pressure especially with the misleading look of today's sidewalls. Next, a sag (sacked spring, body or A-arm bushing), and steering pull (alignment, dragging brake, somebody hit something and didn't tell you...) are not necessarily connected.

I'm in just to find out what you find out.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Check for missing shims. +1 with the bushings. The fact that it straightens out when braking, means something is loose.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
I had really worn upper control arm bushings on the wagon years ago.. It would pull allover! Those bushings really get bad on these cars fast! The lowers last a bit longer. Check it out. If they look like fuzz and some pieces of rubber look to be missing on the cross arm shaft end of the bushing. They are worn. I put some problem solver moog bushings in for a replacement.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank guys Im glad asked here first

I'm gonna mess around with it later today

I took it to the club last night and it was a steady heavy pull to the right not straitening under breaking I guess I was mistaking about that part of I'm the only person who has driving the car in the last year so no ones abused it (except for me lol)

my tires and pressure are good I keep a constant eye on that to make sure I dont bend another rim..

if it turns out to be spring no biggie thats means its time to impala rears and cut 9c1's up front (already have them in the shop) and with all the stereo weight it was bound to hapen

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
.....make sure I dont bend another rim..
?Que? ?Como? WTF! On the front? There's ALWAYS more to these stories if you just wait them out. cwm1

;) j/k "Bending a rim" is not always limited to just bending the rim. I ran over a wooden gd. rail post and just by accident replacing everything else noticed the lower A-arm was bent 1/4". Don't ask me why you're just noticing a problem now.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nah the rim was on the back over a year ago heavy rush hour traff by the time I saw the pot hole there was nothing I could do about it lol

it just bent the outside lip of the left rear we got it straight with a rubber mallet and I stepped up the rear tire size went from 245/35/zr20 all around to a 255/35/zr20 in back (with I had went fatter)

no real storie to tell about the front beside I replaced the PS pump this year and had to replace the pressure side hose twice (first replacement hose blew in half) and I also swapped the steering column and steering shaft with one from a lower miles 93 9c1

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have the exact same problem, I'm gonna try body and control arm bushings when I swap my front springs. Keep the thread updated if and when you find the problem and I'll do the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts