Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1995 Impala SS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys has anyone swapped over all the interior bulbs to led's? I'm thinking I'm going to I also think I might swap my map light ones in the mirror out for some red or amber ones for at night to light up my interior a bit.

· Registered
11,703 Posts
Just do not try to swap the turn signal bulbs, the turn signals will not work.

· Registered
794 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello, folks has anybody traded over every one of the inside bulbs to drove's? I'm believing I'm going to I likewise figure I could trade my guide light ones in the mirror out for a few red or golden ones for around evening time to illuminate my inside a little.

· Registered
1996 Chevrolet Impala SS DCM
3 Posts
Hey, guys has anyone swapped over all the interior bulbs to led's? I'm thinking I'm going to I also think I might swap my map light ones in the mirror out for some red or amber ones for at night to light up my interior a bit.
I left all exterior bulbs stock. Interior I changed every one to blue LEDs except for the two map lights and the instrument cluster, even though I have taken the instrument cluster out many times to change bulbs and resolve the familiar odometer resistor burnouts. No regrets yet on these interior blue LEDs and no ballast, wiring, or fuse changes needed.

Left map lights alone for effective use of ... maps (yes, still use those sometimes) ... and clarity if/when need to speak with police in the dark. Though I love how instrument clusters look with cool blue LEDs I didn't want to possibly face jacking around with LEDs that fail while I find the stock bulbs lasted decades.

LED bulbs except Dome
Dome
Unasked-for: Resistor for odometer

· Registered
1994 Caprice Classic L99
20 Posts
These should be the instrument panel lights. I have the blue ones and they look great.
https://a.co/d/c7LUO0c

The dome light was another LED from Amazon but I don't have the link. You can find the light in the owners manual and just look up an led version which is what I did.

My headlights came from carid.com.
I bought them on sale for about 80 earlier this summer but now they're back at full price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts