Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear members, I have installed LED tail lights in place of all the original 1157 tail lights in my 95 impala ss. They don't work. They won't flash, they won't brake, they just remain fully illuminatig all the time. Does anyone have a fix? My aux battery post is fine.
Chuck
A new twist has shown up in the mix. My remote car starter will not work with these LED's. When the remote starter turns on, the lights turn on, the sequence shuts off. Put the original bulbs back in, the remote starter works fine. Any sugestions?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
you need resistors to fool the flasher to think they are running at the same load as the incandescent bulbs or get and electronic flasher

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Interesting. I swapped my 94 FWB and the only change is the flasher is somewhat faster. Seen it done on a couple Caprice and they worked fine as well. Newer vehicles(after '99 at least) require resistors but these cars shouldn't and haven't in my experience.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
on a stock flasher the leds are going to do nothing but hyperflash so i wired a resistor on each side now i have 6 leds in the front.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I had the same problem with LEDs. I just took them off and put back the original bulbs. I have 91 tinted tails and that is the reason I put the LEDs on them. In my opinion the 1157 bulbs are just as bright in day time and at night as the LEDs that were on there.
Mike

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Your leds might not have a pwm (pulse width modulation) hence why its constant on.... regular bulbs (I belive) have 2 filaments in them.

Don't quote me on this but that's whhat it seems like. I'm not fond of drop in leds as much as a led retro.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I had the same problem with LEDs. I just took them off and put back the original bulbs. I have 91 tinted tails and that is the reason I put the LEDs on them. In my opinion the 1157 bulbs are just as bright in day time and at night as the LEDs that were on there.
Mike
When I put my led bulbs in years ago, I did NOT change the front two bulbs for the signal lights to led's. Therefore, it did not require any flashers or extra parts to make my led's look good. The front two were not a big deal anyhow. Never has a problem ever.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Good point. I didn't change any front bulbs, just the rears.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Dear members, I have installed LED tail lights in place of all the original 1157 tail lights in my 95 impala ss. They don't work. They won't flash, they won't brake, they just remain fully illuminating all the time. Does anyone have a fix? My aux battery post is fine.
Chuck
If they wont even light up when braking, sounds like u possibly have the wrong bulbs or bad bulbs, they should at least do that.

Your leds might not have a pwm (pulse width modulation) hence why its constant on.... regular bulbs (I belive) have 2 filaments in them.

Don't quote me on this but that's whhat it seems like. I'm not fond of drop in leds as much as a led retro.
I think drop-in bulbs just use resistors for the double brightness effect. Usually dont see pwm's used unless its a full tail retro or aftermarket setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts