7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Had the thought to make a set for dad's triple black 96 when I had looked into making a pair for the C10. Wonder if the time/materials would be far enough from their price to make it worthwhile...

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
When switching to LEDs, you need an electronic flasher. If you don't replace it, they will not flash.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks nice. I bet they'd look great at night. Are you planning on buying a set?
Rather likely - eventually. Along the same vein as the old FTSS I'm collecting a variety of things for an eventual finished approach that I can hand off to a bodyman. In imagining different things to fold, spindle and mutilate on my new driver I'm pretty much off the idea of grafting in current type Cady tails. So, a legitimate LED setup in the stock housing will give a fresh cue to the classic line. I admit I'm waiting though for the look with just the narrow strip for running light, and then the wider field inside for turn/stop.

And a copy on the extra parts and pieces needed going to LEDs, Fred. The added wrinkle of the FW's CCM means that much more research to make sure one mod does not affect other stuff.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
The electronic flasher goes for the hazards as well.

I do not think the CCM controls anything involving the turn signal and hazard lights.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Fleetwood LED Taillights...

I've had a set of Fleetwood LED taillights for years. They were made by some guy in Texas if I recall correctly. Work fine, three stepped vertical rows. I'll post a photo or two when I find the files. They are here somewhere. The '94 has been awaiting completion for three years at least. I took them off for safe keeping. Don't know I could put my hands on them right now.

Richard Snipes

·
Registered
10,920 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
I had thought about these in the past but I could never get ahold of someone who could definitely answer if these fit the rwd fleetwoods or the fwd deville based fleetwood limited. The online listings usually list the fitment as 94-99 fleetwood, which I understand that there was a 98/99 fleetwood limited coach built car made but we all know the FWB and Deville tail lights look similar but are different.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I had thought about these in the past but I could never get ahold of someone who could definitely answer if these fit the rwd fleetwoods or the fwd deville based fleetwood limited. The online listings usually list the fitment as 94-99 fleetwood, which I understand that there was a 98/99 fleetwood limited coach built car made but we all know the FWB and Deville tail lights look similar but are different.
IIRC, the part number is the same for Fleetwood and DeVille tails. It has been years since I looked into it, but that is what I remember.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts