Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some good news worth sharing--let's hope the transition is successful.

This is an e-mail I received today:

Hello Bill

After being a long time customer of Lee Power Steering, we couldn't stand by and watch a legacy fade away and now Steering Technology Group is the new home of LEE Manufacturing.

Located in Valencia, California we have retained 3 of Tom's dedicated employees and brought Tom on as a consultant. Our location will be officially open on April 4th, however, if you or someone you know is in need of something please feel free to get in touch.

Allan Padelford
Owner, Steering Technology Group
www.steertechgrp.com
818-768-0371

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
Awesome! So they will be able to fix up the reverse LT1 PS pump and rebuild the Saginaw gears as before? Thanks for the update Bill! I was always sentimental when I looked at the LEE stuff on a few vehicles here.

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So they will be able to fix up the reverse LT1 PS pump and rebuild the Saginaw gears as before?
Let's hope so...94-96 LT1's are a challenge--almost unicorns compared to the more common system configurations. Some day in the coming months I'll try to pay them a visit and find out what (still) can or cannot be done for the late B-body.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Great News

Thanks for sharing Bill. This is good to hear.

The 94-96 PS pumps on the LT1s are abnormal. Heck, try finding a pulley for one. Ha.

Please keep us posted,

Sean

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
THANK YOU JESUS !!!!!!!! That's great news Bill! As you know there is no alternative for high performance steering gear like an aftermarket rack & pinion for our B-Bodies. And I love my Lee Power Steering box!

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Outstanding! I was getting ready to send stuff off to Turn-1.

I'll keep y'all in the loop, as I just left a voicemail, inquiring about pricing, turn around time, and all the services they can offer for our vehicles, once they officially open the doors.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Awesome: Lee Steering Gurus are Back

I'll be on stand by.

Thanks Bill

·
Premium Member
20,292 Posts
Here's some good news worth sharing--let's hope the transition is successful. This is an e-mail I received today.........
Great news.....thanks for sharing!!!

KW

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
I got off the phone just now with Steve, and they are still planning on opening Monday, April 4th.

Pricing is as follows:

Gearbox:
Tighten to a 12:1 ratio: $150.00
Standard Rebuild: $329.00 (Not including parts if necessary)
A heavier PSI feel like a rack and pinion car (28-32 In/Lbs): $90.00

P.S. Pump
Standard Rebuild $135.00

ATTN: Steve
28259 Constellation Rd.
Vallencia, CA

I spoke with Steve about the problem I experienced installing an AC Delco rebuilt unit
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/34-engine-problems-maintenance/1278697-p-s-replaced-have-slow-speed-groan-noise.html

Steve said that he thinks the problem is with the OEM reservoir. He said that they had made reservoirs in the past but would need a sample to reproduce at this time.

Anyway, that's the latest and greatest. I'll be pulling the parts off my car this weekend.

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
following

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
Shared on the FB ISSCA page.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My steering box is sloppy(and it is a reman unit in the car when I bought it).It may be worthwhile to buy a reman box and sen it to them to upgrade.Anyone with advice feel free to pm me on what to make this pig stop wallowing.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Slight delay....pump sent out today for a whopping $22 + change for USPS. OUCH!

I'll update the thread once I hear back from Steve regarding what he thinks of the OEM pump I sent that failed on my ride, as opposed to pulling the remanufactured unit I installed and had problems with.

·
Premium Member
20,292 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Well I thought I'd give this thread an update since I received my pump on Friday afternoon.

I don't have the bill with me, but if I recall correctly the price breakdown is as follows:

1. Rebuild: $85.00
2. Seals: $15.00
3. Shipping: $26.00
=============
TOTAL: $126.00

There was great communication all along the way. The only thing Steve told me was that the OEM seals had dry rotted and caused the failure. It certainly makes sense, as the car is now 20 years old, and prior to last July, the car was in storage for 2 years not exercising the seals.

The only thing I'm going to do, is chase the threads prior to installation.

Hopefully this is the last time I'll have to do this R&R.

·
Registered
976 Posts
That's not bad IMHO, I've had such horrible luck with parts store reman'd PS parts.

Please post an update after you install it with your results.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts