Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if this is electrical or not but my left turning signal doesnt pop back after I turn, my right signal works fine it flicks back fine. What could this be!? It's really annoying, I forget my turning signal is on and I'm driving around haha.

·
Registered
845 Posts
not electrical, doesn't really matter where you put it.

Its a spring that is behind the steering wheel that is known to break, the springs are only like $5 so Id get one for each signal while you're at it. You'll need a steering wheel puller if you don't have one. The name of the place to get them is escaping me right now, so hopefully someone else can chime in with that and point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Remember to disconnect the battery before you unbolt the air bag too (leave it disconnected for AT LEAST 15 mins before you start the job.

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
The full list of tools includes: steering wheel puller, #25 Torx, socket set, outside clip ring tool, thin screwdriver for removing safety lock from airbag connector, lock plate depresser, pick to remove the wire lock plate retaining ring, fine pliers to remove and replace the spring. (an maybe a few more)

You can get the spring at auto parts stores in the HELPS section. You can also rent the steering wheel puller and the lock plate depresser at one of the auto parts stores.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts