Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE COIL LIFT SPRINGS THAT ALLOWS YOU TO FIT 24 INCH RIMS. WILL A 305/40R24 WORK WITH THEM.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i don't think folks here like ruining a car like that.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Street Trends:
Comes as a set, front and rear. Fit up to 24" wheels on your Caprice or Impala.
LOL they do exist :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be Prepared to do some Brake Upgrades as Well after putting 24" Wheels and Tires on your car! This size wheel/tire combo is going to need some stopping power!
. Also, What kind of car is it your wanting to lift? Your Speedo will be off also with such a Size Dif from stock and will require reprogramming of the PCM.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT SOMEBODY UNDERSATANDS. THANKS FOR THE BRAKE TIP,WHAT TYPE DO YOU SUGGEST. IM TRYING TO LIFT A 96 CAPRICE 5.7 350. I HAVE 22'S ON IT NOW WITH NO LIFT AND FROM TIME TO TIME I GET A LITTLE RUB BUT FOR THE MOST PART ITS OKAY. I JUST KNEW IF I UPGRADED TO 24'S I WOULD NEED TO DO SOMETHING. IM LOOKING AT GOING WITH A 305/40R24 WHICH IS ONE SIZE UP FROM A LOW PROFILE,JUST WONDERING IF THE HIGH LIFT COIL SPRINGS WILL WORK WITH THAT SIZE TIRE OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE A LOW PROFILE.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Airshocks maybe? Allows you to lift or lower it pretty easily. Go 30/35 series tires to save a lil bit of space.

Start hacking up the wheelwells also.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most of us here don't like the look of a lifted CAR with huge rims, but he didn't ask for our opinion about it.
I know that some people are going to their local 4x4 shop and getting lifts done to accomidate large wheels, you might want to try talking to one of those.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The jokes do get old, im surprised no one has said "oil changes will be easier now" HAHA.

but honestly some people need to give it up with the lame jokes about big wheels... I dont go around and making fun of people on 15" steel wheels, which in my opinion looks extremely GAY!!!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Black Majic:
I dont go around and making fun of people on 15" steel wheels, which in my opinion looks extremely GAY!!!
whoa! watch out now. i'm on 15" steelies temporarly. 22s in the future.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey now - my 15s are okay (one of em is in a cool semi-circle with a W on one side from hitting a curb ... yea it's in the garage now) so i'm gettin impala 17s - i hate big rims ... i don't see the performance gain therefore ... i see nothing at all. (i'm keepin my 9C1 rims for drag radials mwuahaha

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by John Murphy:
hey now - my 15s are okay (one of em is in a cool semi-circle with a W on one side from hitting a curb ... yea it's in the garage now) so i'm gettin impala 17s - i hate big rims ... i don't see the performance gain therefore ... i see nothing at all. (i'm keepin my 9C1 rims for drag radials mwuahaha
not everyone is into going fast!!! why cant people understand that??? and you never see people that arent into going fast poking fun at someone who just spent 5k on a stroker motor or a supercharger!!! whats the use of doing that are you gonna race everyone you see on the street?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im with you on that one man cause i know my car is for showing off im not really trying to race it. I just want enough horsepower to turnover those 24's as they chop. I guess i started something with the lift question but thats okay, you know what they say "different strokes for different folks". Me personally i want my chevy ridin high!!! FORGET A SUV

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Black Majic:
not everyone is into going fast!!! why cant people understand that??? and you never see people that arent into going fast poking fun at someone who just spent 5k on a stroker motor or a supercharger!!!
Good point, I still want a SC and 22's (they do come off)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
another thing is you dont see people who slam there trucks getting made fun of? isnt that the same as lifting a car? they are both oxymorons!!! people just need to open their eyes and appreciate all aspects of car customizing... yea some things people do to there cars might seem goofy but hey its their car their money so move on if you dont like it.

its like they say in elementary school, "if you got nothing nice to say dont say nothing at all"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts