Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one seen or herd of a company that makes a lift kit for the caprice. im looking to put 24" and i know im going to have to jack it up some.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not 100% sure but i think J.C. Whitney has the lifted springs that you need.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea if springs are what you want then a set would be cheap.But if you really want a lift kit(spindles and such) ive never seen one.Springs will give you the lift though.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok good i can get a set of springs cheap but my question now is if i go with just a bigger spring im pretty shure i will have a camber problem. right or wrong. im asumeing i will have a positive camber problem. now does the caprice have a bilt in camber adjuster? if so do you guys think the amount of positive camber will be fixable with the faxtory camber adjuster? and what about my factory shocks will they be up for the abuse of lifting her up? thanks for the help guys i just wanna get as much advice as i can be for i start un bolting things from my car.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure but I think you're the first to ask about raising an Impala, everyone here wants to get them lower.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well first im raising a caprice (same differance) and the only reason im going up is because i just got a nice set of 24's coming in and they wont fit with out a lift.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well your better off leaving well enuff alone ,these cars are not designed for all that crap ,and those big wheels are really gonna shorten the life spane of all your steering componants and wheelbearings and not to mention the increased work the brakes are gonna have to put up with ,its not worth the trouble if you want something lifted ,get a truck.ohh and no the shocks will not be able to be reused if you wind up doing this mess,those will have to be custom as well as the brake lines ,just more stuff to make it not worth the trouble.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have heard of a few people running a chevy truck spring in the front. All you should need is some taller springs and an alignment.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did you get the 24's on, if so let me know cause im trying to do the same thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts