Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and could not find any threads on this issue, and my factory service manual is not very clear about how to go about testing. so I am coming here hoping for some assistance. I have a 1993 Buick Roadmaster Limited Sedan. This issue started after my turn signal flasher decided it didn't want to work anymore. So as a quick fix I swapped the Hazard flasher over so I could have working signals. For ease of access I unplugged the chime module, and then re-installed when I was finished. After I finished I noticed that the "Lights On" chime now sounds anytime I have the key in the off position with Twilight Sentinel on. The lights will turn off normally when the time expires (I like to keep mine on the 3 minute maximum) But the chime will sound the entire time until the timer expires as if I was using the switch. I've checked all the fuses, and grounds as indicated in the factory service manual, I've tried wiggling wires around, I even tried popping the bad flasher back in, but to no avail. This is mostly just an annoying issue but I'd love to get it taken care of if anybody has any ideas.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
This is one normally best handled by using the FSM. The other issue is this forum is more focused on the 94-96 so most of us do not have fingertip access to electrical diagrams for 93 and do not want to suggest something without knowledge or experience.

For ease of access I unplugged the chime module,
With no knowledge or experience of a 93 chime module I can only suggest two things that are not easy. One would to be to unbolt the socket from the firewall and make sure that a contact has not been pushed out of it's socket. The second is to take apart the chime and check for circuit board cracks or bad solder.

I can not think of a way that the things you have done would cause this issue other than the act of unpluging and pluging in the chime module.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts