Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so i had a hid out couple mins ago i pop the hood to go check it pop the latch everything is fine go up front hood never lifted up to get the latch under grill now i can pop it from inside anymore either..anyone had this problem or no what to do im lost

2nd part of my problem my passenger window works when it wants to work perfect since i bought it now maybe twice a week it doesnt work

·
Registered
932 Posts
Your run-on sentence is hard to follow but I'm assuming that the hood does not pop up.

Try pushing down on the hood in the center, (about where the latch is) while another

person pulls the hood release. Maybe it will pop up. Sounds like the latch needs to be

moved or realigned.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
My car does it all the time, my easy suggestion is have one person wiggle the hood puller thingy and the other guy bang on the hood (not hard enough to dent it though, duh).
this and if the wire is broke you need needle nose plyers or take the grill off

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
My car does it all the time, my easy suggestion is have one person wiggle the hood puller thingy and the other guy bang on the hood (not hard enough to dent it though, duh).
do that as well and then fix the hood latch cable and clean that area up with like wd-40 or something

·
Registered
328 Posts
my fault didnt know i had to post wit perfect grammar

appreciate all the info fella's imma give it a try here and see if she pops
Perfect grammar isn't a requirement but it will allow the reader to easily understand what is being asked so you will receive the correct solution to the problem. With responses all jumbled together, the reader may not be willing to decipher what the requestor is trying to ask. You may then receive negative comments on how the post is written or no comments at all leaving the requestor with the original problem. (Back to square one). So yes, puncuation marks are our friends.:)

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Drop-,

You provided an exemplory explanation, and with a lot more patience than the OP may have deserved considering his charming little snippy comeback. Your point is well taken that any post appearing texted in the dark by a 5th grader will never return as productive results as spending the extra effort and 4 seconds on proper spelling, punctuation, capitalization and grammer that shows simple respect for the reader, who may or may not decide to become a replier.

Smooth-,

You owe Drop- and IGGY- some thanks. The hood latch issue is common with an easy fix. Their points become more important as the complexity of your problem increases. And believe me, there's some incredibly wise fellas still lurking around here that can get you back running with even the worse issues these old tubs can throw at you, - but only if they elect to hit the Reply button.

Case in point - It appears everyone lost interest by the time it came to your window problem. ;)

After several reads and picking my own spots to place some puntuation it seems you have a dirty switch or motor. That is also a common problem, so you might try some Search with likely keywords to start. But, it's easier to check/clean/rebuild/replace the switch first(starting with just putting 12v. to it to check the circuit), before tearing into the door and motor.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Once you get the hood open, lube up the latch mechanism with a good quality grease. That should stop it from not opening properly. I had the same issue on my car and once I lubed up the latch had no more problems with it. - Peter

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok so i had a hid out couple mins ago i pop the hood to go check it pop the latch everything is fine go up front hood never lifted up to get the latch under grill now i can pop it from inside anymore either..anyone had this problem or no what to do im lost

2nd part of my problem my passenger window works when it wants to work perfect since i bought it now maybe twice a week it doesnt work

i had this problem with my hood. you need to push it up and down while someone pulls the release when you get it open lubricate the latch under the hood where it locks and lock and release it a few times. and adjust the hood if it needs to my hood works great since i lubed and adjusted it has NOT gotten stuck at all since i did that

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
had the same problem with my hood but it was not the all the dirty latches fault. Once I got it open by pushing down on hood and re releasing it multiple times I lubed the latch. I also noticed alot of slack in the hood release cable. My simple fix was to smash on a lead fishing weight up tight against the latch. Opens perfect every time now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts