Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

dave here,

is there a problem with impedance when splicing in a line out put converter? in other words i still want the four speakers to play thru the stock head unit and the line out put converter to run to the amp for the subs, has anybody done this and had any problems with the stock head unit? is there any other way it can be done? i did a search on the net and found nothing that helped me. i would like to add a amp and sub woofer as cheap as possible and still have the stock head unit play 4 speakers. i hope i can splice in to the stock wires.

dave goshorn

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what you could do is tap into you rear speaker outputs and connect a hi/low converter, thats the easiest way, just make sure your wire routing is to perfection, cuz with the setup you are using it is not hard to pick up noise

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did this with a pyramid cr66 sub crossover and I just spliced into the wires before they got to the rear speakers. It worked fine for my car. Now I'm running rca from the head due to the fact that to biamp i went to a crossover that can't take line level inputs. So now that crossover is going in my sisters 98 intrigue because it has cd and tape stock and no rcas. The only problem is that on her car the seats flip so all the stuff is mounted to the box which means 4 more wires to run through trailer connectors so the box can be removed for temp storage. (The things i'll do for family :D) If you have an other questions e-mail me.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMPORTANT The color coding on the rear wires is reversed Darker is positive!!! :eek: Any questions e-mail or do a search in this section before turning it on. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts