Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't find "dialectic grease". all auto parts shops seem that they don't know what I'm talking about. All i found was the multi-purpose grease fore bearings and the Lithium grease.

Can I use it for plug wires?

I bought ACdelco plug wires and there were just two drops of dialectic grease came with. it ain't enough (I think)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Every parts store should have dialectric grease, its usually in an aerosol can in the same area as the electrical cleaner, brake cleaner, etc. I wouldn't use bearing grease, it may not play nice with the rubber in the plug boots.

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
The auto supply stores usually have it in a small tear open packet, about an inch and a half wide and 3 inches long. It is a specialized grease, and any other grease will not provide the protection necessary, and will damage parts. It acts as an insulator, and seals the gap between the two parts, so high voltage circuits do not leak (short). You may also be able to find it at Radio Shack. Do not use the heat sink grease, they are not the same.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you have a NAPA nearby, this is what you need. If they don't know what "dielectric compound" is, order it by the part number shown.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts