Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a hypothetical question... ;)
The sticker on my driver's door states that my car's Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is 5317 pounds. What would happen to a stock B-car that was loaded beyond this, and what kinds of modifications would have to be made to support that kind of weight? The weight would be distributed on the frame, not on the body... no, I'm not playing taxi for a sumo wrestling association!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well when my wife's cousin (300lbs), my friend Tommy (295lbs) and Javier (405lbs) and I (300lbs) go for a cruise that's over 1300 lbs of body weight (plus the additional 20 to 30 lbs of dinner in our bellies) in the car. I also had added around 800 lbs of stereo equipment in that car. So that's 2100 lbs additional weight. We used to go cruising and I had DJM 2" front, 3" rear springs on the car. Couldn't go much over 35mph....

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have added 800lbs of stereo equipment then your car with a full tank of gas an NOBODY in it weighs appox. 5000lbs

I would say you probaby need to look at either 9C1 rear springs or Moog CC505 Rears
and REAL HD Shocks. Do you race this car or is it just a cruiser? What suspension mods have been done?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.