Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting "impalassforum.com is not responding due to a long-running script" message. When I get this, the forum locks up for whatever time the script is running. It appears that it may be in conjunction with the loading of a commercial/ad. I do not know how to fix it on my end, and it is making the forum a PITA to use.

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
I am getting "impalassforum.com is not responding due to a long-running script" message. When I get this, the forum locks up for whatever time the script is running. It appears that it may be in conjunction with the loading of a commercial/ad. I do not know how to fix it on my end, and it is making the forum a PITA to use.
there is a problem with this only forum with my windows 8 ... cannot post all sorts of weird problems on the software with this set up after the NEW people changed it here.

I am using an outdated vista computer no problems ... windows 8 does not work only on this forum and the forum people when I sent emails had NO clue whats up and 8 still does not work , only here.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Months back I had gotten the same thing, and with the same frustration not knowing how to stop it. And a whole lot of guys NOT having the same issues. I've flushed DNS, run CCleaner, - all the normal stuff. I've always thought any number of adtrackers experimenting with stronger code to bull past my cookie blocker(s). Running different browser sometimes helps for a few days until it fixes itself. Other threads have dwelt on this. Might search, "constant cycling addresses lower left screen" "won't load"...

J- this desktop is running 8.1 = working ok. So far.

·
Administrator
448 Posts
Hey guys,

If you see this happening again and you notice the ad/video that that is causing this, please do the following details so we can get alert our techs to get rid of these at once:

1. Device/OS/browser you're using
2. Geo-location (city/state - we ask for this because often times these are region based)
3. Redirect URL - if you are getting redirected to another page, please copy/paste the URL
4. Screenshot(s)
5. Ad call - this is the best piece of evidence to help locate the source: right click on the ad itself and select either "inspect element" or "view frame source" (whichever you see). A new tab should open and display a bunch of code - copy and paste this code and report it to us.

We apologize for any inconvenience these ads have caused you. Thank you for your patience and cooperation on this matter.

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Registered
976 Posts
happens extremely often for me as well no way to determine the offending ad because my laptop becomes completely unresponsive. Only thing I can do is kill browser.
On my ipad or iphone similar behavior.
Frustrating but happens on sites that cram a zillion ads all too often.

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am running Windows 7. I cannot give you any info, because the screen locks up, and will not respond. I have no idea what ads might be causing this. If I click on the "stop script" the site will close, and reopen, then it happens again. When I type, it hesitates, and often the cursor will disappear. This is the only site that this happens to me. I can see why this site is becoming a ghost site. Nobody wants to deal with it, and they move to another venue. BTW I live in the Tampa, Florida area.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Yeah, that happens at home very often. Thought I had issues with wifi or the win 10 laptop as it constantly will freeze. Other times runs fine. But never realized it might be this site that's open on one of the firefox tabs. Will see if that makes a difference. However, here at work, it runs flawlessly.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
I Hate When That Happens

[QUOTE Fred]: ........When I type, it hesitates, and often the cursor will disappear. ..............

Yah, I'd get derivations of that too here and there. Last time about a 6 weeks ago, typing might lag for 10-30 seconds and sometimes lose mouse click. Then cold reboot. 153 PUPs removed and entirely refresh the OS and ok since. I consistently have this forum (well, and GMail) on tab so worth adding to the cause-correlation-coincidence notes.

FWIW I block as much irrelevant flashy noise as possible and don't notice any more ads on here than any other free site. Certainly not enough to commit seppuku and cross over to FB.

Question: Which Russian or Romanian hacker do you suppose ended up with all electrons archived in Friendster and MySpace? Orkut. AOL.

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
[QUOTE Fred]: ........When I type, it hesitates, and often the cursor will disappear. ..............

Yah, I'd get derivations of that too here and there. Last time about a 6 weeks ago, typing might lag for 10-30 seconds and sometimes lose mouse click. Then cold reboot. 153 PUPs removed and entirely refresh the OS and ok since. I consistently have this forum (well, and GMail) on tab so worth adding to the cause-correlation-coincidence notes.

FWIW I block as much irrelevant flashy noise as possible and don't notice any more ads on here than any other free site. Certainly not enough to commit seppuku and cross over to FB.

Question: Which Russian or Romanian hacker do you suppose ended up with all electrons archived in Friendster and MySpace? Orkut. AOL.
interesting info on the ads overloading the browser etc... then it locks up ... well on this outdated vista operating system and I did set it up to be in private browsing mode I receive no advertising .. ad section is blank.. I will try to set the windows 8 computer up to block ads and use private mode. see if this forum works .. still though only this forum ....

the reason vista computer is setup in private mode is because Microsoft attracts my operating system .. they want it shutdown so I no longer use their vista system as they want me to purchase a new operating system.
in addition to the private mode I also shutdown Microsoft update program..Microsoft used this to prevent me from using the computer .. works good now..

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

More info on 153 PUPs

·
Administrator
448 Posts
Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. It sounds overwhelming but there are some ways around this.

First, are you guys using any adblockers? Also, have you updated your browsers?

Secondly, you can switch over to the Classic skin and see if that makes the site performance better for you. The quickest way to do this is to go to the bottom left corner of your page (this appears anywhere on the site) and you'll probably see it says "--ImpapaSSForum.com (Full)" , click on that and select the
--ImpapaSSForum.com (Classic) option:

impalaskin.jpg

Let us know if that works for you and/or if you need further assistance. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
More info on 153 PUPs
I run MalWareBytes occasionally and these piled on over such a short period I attributed them to an infestation while poking through a popular vacation rental site. A scan just now shows 0, so not likely attributable to anything here.

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I switched to the "classic" and that seems to have fixed the problem.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I only run classic and have the problem. I resorted to installing Chrome a few weeks ago and it seems to be much much better.

·
Administrator
448 Posts
I run MalWareBytes occasionally and these piled on over such a short period I attributed them to an infestation while poking through a popular vacation rental site. A scan just now shows 0, so not likely attributable to anything here.
Are you still running to issues on this site? If so, see if the classic version works better for you as it has for others.
@Fred Kiehl @91ss - glad to hear you found this to work for you. The scripts/ads on the full version is being looked into but for the time being you're more than welcome to use the classic version for as long as you'd like.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
[Originally posted by 96 Black]

Hi Natalie,

I've never NOT used Classic. And I'm one of those few currently NOT having issues, just talking down comrades who've recently been triggered. But thanks for pitching in with response and recommendations.

That's not your dam dirty Vette is it?

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
your posting on the long script you windows 7 // me my newer computer windows 8 same deal locks up long script ..

so last month I installed Mozilla fire fox , this now works I have no problems but microsoft internet explorer will do not work ,as we have experienced.

I am on the windows 8 computer fire fox ..now...

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
More info on 153 PUPs
Do you realize how many minutes of my life I lost (2 1/2) poking around for the file I vaguely recalled saving of those little boogers? lol

And I lied , it was 261. Most were associated with the old "PC Tuneup" although I've known that one for quite some time so surprised it sneaked by.

PM sent. HIH

·
Administrator
448 Posts
your posting on the long script you windows 7 // me my newer computer windows 8 same deal locks up long script ..

so last month I installed Mozilla fire fox , this now works I have no problems but microsoft internet explorer will do not work ,as we have experienced.

I am on the windows 8 computer fire fox ..now...
Hey there,

Yes, we do not recommend IE as it does not get updated anymore by Microsoft.
We would recommend Chrome or Firefox.

Best regards,

Ed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts