·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys here it is, the trunk setup, thanks to CLICK for hosting it for me:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jon,
Would you be willing to make me a trunk kit like yours for a price? Or would you let me see the plans for your trunk? It looks great! Do you have 3 12 inch subs or 10's?
Thanks,
Nick

[email protected]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SWEET!!!
How does it sound???
Did you have to cut or modify the rear deck(shelf)for sound?? I am just about at this level of installation and was wondering if you had to cut it up.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, ok so heres the info, its 3 fosgate 10's(the older models that where bullt good, the new fosgates suck) in a JL audio box with the carpet dyed blue to show off he "teeth" appearance of the "sub plate"(thanks greg (GBELLI), for a sweet deal on those subs!) No deck mods where made, and yes it still is loud AND clean.
The 2 amps are a kenwood 600w bridged @4ohms for the subs, and the other is a pioneer 100w going to the 6x9s, and they are color matched to the car color.
the False floor is 2x4 framing, all the sidepanels floor and sub plate is only 1/4in plywood for weight, no it dosent rattle or anything, before i put the floor plywood down i "insulated" all the "bays" an "hollows" from the framing
The carpet on the "sidepanels" and "sub plate" is just grey speakerbox carpet, and the floor is black speakerbox carpet, then i made the "raised" chevy symbol outa 3/4 plywood and covered that in some carpet that i dyed blue...simple but looks cool...
Its actually a REALLY basic plan and layout, but it dosent show in the finishd product..
Nick, im plannig to make up some plans for the sidepanels only, (mike454ss wants some, but just like the HOTSSones: that just wrap around the trunk hinges) so since im gonna start making plans and trunk stuff,i might as well make up some plans and templates and ill sell them for basicly nothing, Its no Steve Cornell trunk (hes a stereo god) but i think it looks decent.

Pheww i think i explained most of my work, took almost as long!
Thanks for the comments guys keep them and your opinions and questions coming!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i think i have it, basically you got a box for the subs, put it in the back of the trunk where the spare usually goes, and then you pressed a board with three sub hols in the middle to it to hold it in there. if i am right, then does the sub-box ever rattle against the board or not, also , is the board pressure fitted or screwed in somewhere, if so, where? sorry for the questions, but this is how i want my setup to look so any advice would be great.

thanks, mattakabettis.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ohs chiet~~ impressive~~ even tho the picz kinda fuzzy~

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt: You got it...the front board is a REALLY tight fit to the floor and above....and yep, its screwed onto the sub box( the grey carpet hides the black screws really good) and then the back plate has "nailers" or strips of wood to screw the side panels on. The floor has the same "nailers" to hold the bottom of the panels on. im going to "summer-nationals, my friends bringin his digicam, ill take it apart and take pics of how its all mounted.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm getting ready to do this to my speaker but with 2 15's. do you still have your spare I was wanting to make a false bottom and put the spare under it do you think this would work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts