Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rivieria Console!!(with shifter) I fell in love with 95RoadMonsterWagon's

Just came home from work and UPS left me a nice package....too bad I won't be able to have it in before Waterloo. :(
I hope y'all can help me do this later on!! I'll need the help and advise

Note the underwear used for packing material :rolleyes:

[ 08-04-2006, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Brokecello ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by toomanytoyz:

And... You have PLENTY of time to get it installed before the meet!!!! :D
:eek: !!! Perhaps if you were here helping/advising

Think I could buy a woodgrain piece from you??

BBrian, I will most likely use the Rivieria Shifter for now. And I want to modify my driver's bucket seat the way Bill did his Caddy's.

[ 08-04-2006, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Brokecello ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Brokecello:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by toomanytoyz:

And... You have PLENTY of time to get it installed before the meet!!!! :D
:eek: !!! Perhaps if you were here helping/advising

Think I could buy a woodgrain piece from you??

BBrian, I will most likely use the Riveria Shifter for now. And I want to modify my driver's bucket seat the way Bill did his Caddy's.
</font>[/QUOTE]Hey, I learned by just jumpin' in and doing it. ;)

I'll check out the yard tomorrow. At least I don't have to lug a whole console outta there now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I NEED that (color and all) console for my FW...but they're nowhere to be found :confused:

If not for looks and feel, also because my knee is always bumping the column one...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scene:
people are walking around at the waterloo wagon fest, their noses wrinkled up after looking in brokecello's car,."strange odor to that wagon but nice console and shifter",.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you get it off that guy in Jacksonville on eBay with the Riv seats? By the time he finally answered me, he said the console was sold but he'd not gotten the money and what was it worth to me. Answer was nothing until I see it. Then he never responded back and he was just out at the beach, hmmm... You definately got the right color. Congrats on the find.

4501 Safari

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, congrats!!! Can I have the underwear? I can't afford any with all the dough I'm blowin' on the show! :D

BTW, I have an extra tan Limited leather passenger seat if it's easier (and I think it is) to move the driver's controls to the driver's side of a passenger seat than it is to cut and re-upholster the driver's seat. You are welcome to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by 4501 Safari:
Did you get it off that guy in Jacksonville on eBay with the Riv seats? .
4501 Safari
Yep, got it from Him . Glad you didn't offer more than I was paying!! Hope he would have sent my money back....

Shipped to my door UPS with the shifter mech. is was $140 total.
---------------
Fred I might take you up on that offer for the extra pass seat!!! We will talk next week

----------------
Plug for Toomanytoyz!! I think he can get his hands on one or two before Fred's if you PM him now :cool:
----------------
And I am letting mine "air out" Nick.... :rolleyes: I found 3 more pairs of undies

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Brokecello:
Originally posted by 4501 Safari:

Shipped to my door UPS with the shifter mech. is was $140 total.
---------------
----------------
Plug for Toomanytoyz!! I think he can get his hands on one or two before Fred's if you PM him now :cool:
----------------
Woulda been cheaper from me... ;)
I didn't know you were gonna go get one so quickly! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I know....but I know you were busy getting your wagon ready AND I was in the heat of the moment. Was so excited that I actually found a tan one! (Nowhere to be found in Louisville)
--------------
Perhaps someone else can get one from you??? Y'all better act quick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay, have to ask.

What all is entailed in getting one of these in and working (the Rivi console and shifter) in a typical B/D? Same kind of stuff and work as transplanting a Blazer/Bravada console? What other parts are needed?

I really don't have the time or budget right now, but you know how that goes once you see pics

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a little time and a bit of ingenuity. ;)

I learned by just jumping in and doing things. You can figure things out, they're not too tough. ;)

For the Caddy though, search for Bill Sadler's write-up of the riv console in his. I think it was pre-Fleetwood section, so it's probably in the interior section. IIRC, you need to cut down the glovebox door.

I could probably tell you how tough they are to put in a RMW by the time I get mine to Fred's. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Ruphrax:

BTW, I have an extra tan Limited leather passenger seat if it's easier (and I think it is) to move the driver's controls to the driver's side of a passenger seat than it is to cut and re-upholster the driver's seat. You are welcome to it.
I will back Fred up on this one, it is so easy to flip the manual recline mech. on our seats. Just ask 95RoadMonster how fast a Roady seat comes apart and goes back together :D I swapped out the bottom frame on his old 92 Driver's side, since he wanted his old color back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.