Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I give up.... I'm tired of working on my car all the time. The car has a miss on light accuration. It Idles fine but step on the gas and it hasitates in gear or park. The car runs fine going down the road but step on the gas at any speed and it has a light hasitation.

This all started when my ICM went bad. I know the next thing to check would be the Opti
spark unit but I replaced that two years ago and its been working fine. I Put in a GM one not aftermarket one. Here's a list that I've done so far.
REPLACED
waterpump
Checked fuel pressure. I think it was 18 psi
New catz RH and LH
New O2 sensors
new fuel filter
new spark plugs
New coil
new wires
new TPS
Ckecked fuel rails for leaks. (None)
new air filter
new temp sensor
check for vac leaks
check all wires under hood
check EGR and PCV (It just when thought GA emissions with no problems)
No check engine lights ( no codes) OB1
Its a 1995 impala ss with 160 on the car but only 30K on new LT1 from GM.
Did a cyl pressure check (195 to 200 on all cyl)
No oil leaks from anywheres.
I don't know what esle to do.... I'm not a bad Mechanic been working on cars for 30 yrs.
But I can't think of anything esle???? well maybe a broke lifter spring. but before a take the valve covers off and look. I was hoping to take to someone for a second opinion.
I know there's a guy down in south GA that real good, but was hoping that somone knew of a Tech up in North GA close to Kennesaw, Woodstock area.
Thanks for reading this.... I'm starting to loses my hair over this, well maybe its old age. LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone ever had a ICM go bad and it back fire a couple of times, Do you think it would mess up the MAF? But then it would throw a code wouldn't it? And I've got no codes on check engine light. I don't like OB1 systems on 1995 cars.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Speed,
Scott Barnes is the local GASSIT professor and all around Impala Guru. He is the only one that touches my cars if I cant fix it. He is in Lawrenceville at the Goodyear Metro Tire on Sugarloaf Parkway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, Larry told me about Scott before... I just didn't want to drive all the way down there.
But It looks like I might have too.

I'll double check the fuel pressure again. I thought it was low.

·
Registered
932 Posts
It's really hard to find someone who knows these old boats!! I try and do ALL mine if I can.

If you can't use Scott Barnes in Lawrenceville,

Several locals use JKAR auto repair in Roswell I believe. Contact Kevin Elliott 678-794-3919

does just about everything!! rear gears to tranny replacements and owns a nice Cappy

wagon.

Iggy

·
Registered
453 Posts
It's really hard to find someone who knows these old boats!! I try and do ALL mine if I can.

If you can't use Scott Barnes in Lawrenceville,

Several locals use JKAR auto repair in Roswell I believe. Contact Kevin Elliott 678-794-3919

does just about everything!! rear gears to tranny replacements and owns a nice Cappy

wagon.

Iggy

^^^^+ 2 Kevin is the man ! Being a B-body owner and enthusiast himself makes the over-all experience of leaving your car with him worthwhile. I"ll never let anyone else work on my SS. BTW, Kevin is actually located in Smyrna off of Powder Springs rd. http://premierservicecenter.com/WestCobb/tabid/2134/Default.aspx

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thanks for the correction Ryan!

See ya Sat.!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.