Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Looking for a good shop in DFW.

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  RedChetta 
#1 ·
Hey y'all,

So it's time to do some things to my car that are outside my wheelhouse. So I'm looking for a shop in the DFW area that is familiar with the B body cars and/or specializes in them, or has a mechanic that owns like 10 and knows all about the 91 to 96 cars. If you know a shop like that, please let me know.

Thanks,

MS

#2 ·
I'd suggest you contact Scott Zimmerman on fruitbook. He's the business partner with Scott Williams(HACK) who started this forum 20 years ago. He's located up in the DFW area and had a bunch of machine work done for the engine in his wagon he uses to promote the business '2S Manufacturing'.

He's in the Impala pages, but you can also try 2SMFG.com and see if you can reach him thru there.

Lastly, you can PM me if those don't work, and I'll relay his contact information to you.

As a note Lloyd Elliot is up in that area (I don't know the northern Texas area well), and may also be a good resource for a reference for a quality guy who knows B-Bodies.

Good luck!

#3 ·
I live in the DFW area and I do not know of anyone that knows these cars as a mechanic shop. The guy(Adi) we had moved back to Austria.
I would also say to contact Lloyd Elliot about shops that know the LT1. Elliotportworks is located just south of Dallas in Red Oak. He is a really nice guy and does great head and intake work.
As for myself, I do all my own wrenching since Adi moved back to Austria. We have a few guys that are owners that know the cars, but are not mechanics. We are just enthusiastic owners and are very meticulous about our cars.

Exactly what services are you looking to have done?

Michael

#5 ·
I live in the DFW area and I do not know of anyone that knows these cars as a mechanic shop. The guy(Adi) we had moved back to Austria.
I would also say to contact Lloyd Elliot about shops that know the LT1. Elliotportworks is located just south of Dallas in Red Oak. He is a really nice guy and does great head and intake work.
As for myself, I do all my own wrenching since Adi moved back to Austria. We have a few guys that are owners that know the cars, but are not mechanics. We are just enthusiastic owners and are very meticulous about our cars.

Exactly what services are you looking to have done?

Michael
Man I miss Adi. He was the best>

#4 ·
I'm wanting to have the a lot done actually. My car is a B4U optioned car, but it's seen some miles. I guess I'm more in the road to a restoration at this point than anything. But the short list is:

Suspension: front and rear
Bodywork
Interiorwork

I'm pretty sure the car will need a more extensive tune up soon, i.e. optispark and such, but I'm mainly focused on the suspension work and interior work at this point. And I'm mostly concerned about suspension because I'm worried that there will be parts on a B4U that are hard to come by.

I'll try to reach out to the two men you gentlemen mentioned. Mr. Elliot seems the. ost likely though as the car stay in Waxahachie when I'm on the road.

Thanks for the info,

MS

#6 ·
I'm wanting to have the a lot done actually. My car is a B4U optioned car, but it's seen some miles. I guess I'm more in the road to a restoration at this point than anything. But the short list is:

Suspension: front and rear
Bodywork
Interiorwork

I'm pretty sure the car will need a more extensive tune up soon, i.e. optispark and such, but I'm mainly focused on the suspension work and interior work at this point. And I'm mostly concerned about suspension because I'm worried that there will be parts on a B4U that are hard to come by.

I'll try to reach out to the two men you gentlemen mentioned. Mr. Elliot seems the. ost likely though as the car stay in Waxahachie when I'm on the road.

Thanks for the info,

MS
Suspension:
Stock - get all the parts from Rock Auto as you can get Moog front upper and lower a-arms with ball joints and bushings installed. Springs, Moog has several offerings for out cars, both stock ride height and spring rate. Shocks, seems as if people like the Bilsteins. Rear Suspension, the bushings are easily changed using tools that can be rented from the local parts counter. If you do not want to do this yourself, I can recommend Mc Collums Auto Center in Plano. Winston is easy to work with.

Upgraded - Well the sky is the limit.

#7 ·
I might do it all myself. I've been wanting to work on my car more anyway.

When it comes to suspension parts though they aren't normal stock parts, right? The research I've found seems to indicate the B4U suspension was a special sports suspension. But is this the same as a 9C1 or an Impala? Or is it different. That's wherenzi get lost. I don't want to order the wrong thing.

MS

#8 ·
I might do it all myself. I've been wanting to work on my car more anyway.

When it comes to suspension parts though they aren't normal stock parts, right? The research I've found seems to indicate the B4U suspension was a special sports suspension. But is this the same as a 9C1 or an Impala? Or is it different. That's wherenzi get lost. I don't want to order the wrong thing.

MS
If you are interested in DIY (Do It Yourself), you might want to check out these guys in Hurst, Texas. AutoHobby & Speed Shop. I've been there twice (and will be back again) to work on my '95 ImpalaSS. They have a nice garage with lifts and you can book time to work on your car through Garagetime. I've changed my oil and was working on my coolant system but I am currently overseas and my SS is in storage right now. It is best to bring your own tools and parts but they have tools to rent. Attached is their business card.
Font Text Logo Brand Signage
Text Product Font Aqua Water

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.