Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My requirements are pretty simple.

Single DIN
Must have front/rear/sub RCA output (4V min)
Built in EQ
Built in Xover
CD/MP3
Great sound quality
Simple to use
Remote control included
No need for any power out

I've been looking into the Kenwood KDC-X997 and the KDX-X996. What kind of suggestions do you all have??

·
Registered
158 Posts

Single DIN
Built in EQ
Built in Xover
CD/MP3
Great sound quality
Simple to use
Remote control included

I've been looking into the Kenwood KDC-X997 and the KDX-X996. What kind of suggestions do you all have??

i'd recommend the x996 since i have one. Awesome overall deck.

·
Registered
158 Posts
which i'm selling btw.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Are you looking for something that is 3-way capable?

·
Registered
96 Posts

Single DIN
Built in EQ
Built in Xover
CD/MP3
Great sound quality
Simple to use
Remote control included

Problem with the Kenwood is that they arent CEA-2006 compliant. Thats why I went with my Alpine CDA-117 wit Imprint over the top of the line kenwood one.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I ended up going with the Kenwood KIV-BT901 head unit and the Kenwood KCD-C669 6 disk CD changer. It solves all my problems and gives me room to grow. I also like the ability to hook up a back-up camera later down the road. The looks of the current decks available just are a real turnoff for me. I know it is just personal taste but I'm happy with my choice thus far. I have not installed it yet as I'm currently working on my fathers truck.

As for being CEA-2006 compliant - it is a mute point. My amp is an old school 5 channel Pheonix Gold Reactor (limited edition amplifier) from the 90's. I hadn't planned to use the internal amplifier of the deck at all. I'm actually planning to pull out the wires from the connector..... to save some weight????? :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I ended up going with the Kenwood KIV-BT901 head unit and the Kenwood KCD-C669 6 disk CD changer. It solves all my problems and gives me room to grow. I also like the ability to hook up a back-up camera later down the road. The looks of the current decks available just are a real turnoff for me. I know it is just personal taste but I'm happy with my choice thus far. I have not installed it yet as I'm currently working on my fathers truck.

As for being CEA-2006 compliant - it is a mute point. My amp is an old school Pheonix Gold Reactor (limited edition amplifier) from the 90's and I hadn't planned to use the internal amplifier. I'm actually planning to pull out the wires from the connector.
Old school 90's stuff is different than new things though. Old school PG is some sexy gear. New school non CEA stuff is pretty meh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts