Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one says they carry them. AutoZone, Advance Auto and NAPA all say they don't carry and can't get Monroe 550012/550013.

Very annoying that an auto chain doesn't require all their stores to carry the same items.

PepBoys can get them at $69 each installed ($52 for the shock, $13 installation).

Now, I'm not a big fan of PepBoys (they dumped Antifreeze all over my opti when they replaced my waterpump) but $52 for installing all for isn't bad, especially since I don't have a driveway/garage I can install them.

So unless anyone else has a better idea, I think I'm going with Pepboys.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to ask.

Does anyone know for SURE if NAPA's Severe Service shocks (same part numbers as Monroe's) ARE Monroe shocks or are they "best cost" supplier?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you don't want to do them yourself, pepboys is probably the best bet.

Rockauto, with a 5% discount, is 138.11 plus shipping for all four. If you could get them to install at 20 bucks a shock, you'd save a couple bucks. It's up to you.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I saw Rock Auto. Including shipping to my house it's $151.something. So not much less than buying at PepBoys.

Thanks.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tlynch,

I picked up a set @ NAPA the other day for my 9c1..In Reynoldsburg..

If you give them the Monroe Number they will order them for you..They will come in a NAPA box but they are still built by Monroe and are the same PN..

HTH

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any time you inquire at a store about these shocks, MAKE SURE, you indicate that they are going on a Caprice police package, otherwise, they won't find them in their catalog...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Orielly is going to have a sale in October, Buy 3 monroe shocks/struts, get the 4th free . I think I might want to wait

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got mine from NAPA in CA and installed them my self the fronts are easy rears are a pain if unless you have small hands to thred the bolts. I got the last set of rears in Napa stock in CA at the time. They said they were discontiued.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by TOMS SS:
I think Orielly is going to have a sale in October, Buy 3 monroe shocks/struts, get the 4th free . I think I might want to wait
Good News:
"Return of Shocktober" - 01 SEP to 31 OCT

Bad News:
Only applies to Monroe Reflex, Sensa-Trac & Gas-Magnum series...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by NavyCB:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by TOMS SS:
Good News:
"Return of Shocktober" - 01 SEP to 31 OCT

Bad News:
Only applies to Monroe Reflex, Sensa-Trac & Gas-Magnum series...
</font>[/QUOTE]The Severe Service are under the Gas-Magnum series so rebate applies.
http://www.monroe.com/promo/promotions.asp

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More specifically, it is the GasMagnum 34000 series, and no, the 550000 series(Severe Service) are not covered in the rebate. :( Does not matter, they are still a smoking deal...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I just saw that. Rock Autos website said they were covered. Might just send the rebate form in anyways and see what happens ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I called them 800 # listed on the rebate form. They are not covered under the rebate. :(

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got my set at Advance Auto on Bethel. Ordered them on August 22nd and they were in two days later. When I went in, I never told the guy what kind of car I had, just told him the part numbers and he looked them up and ordered them. Came with a lifetime guarantee. I cannot find my receipt so I cannot tell you how much I paid.

KC

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Hooptie:
Has anyone used these with drop springs yet?
Well, Nemesis just bought a set of the Monroes for his 9C1 and I sold him the 9C1 with a new set of Intrax springs so maybe he should install both at the same time and let us know how things work out.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by KC Clark:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hooptie:
Well, Nemesis just bought a set of the Monroes for his 9C1 and I sold him the 9C1 with a new set of Intrax springs so maybe he should install both at the same time and let us know how things work out.
</font>[/QUOTE].

It'll be a few weeks. Still working on the SS, Impala Fest 04 is now a no Show for me.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Hooptie:
Some of you need to read the Monroe SS MegaThread. It's in there...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts