Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Awhile back I seen a post on how to make a wood spacer template to mount 6.5" speakers in our front doors. Could anyone tell me where to find that again? I did a search and couldn't find it. I also would like to know if it's possible to mount 6x9" speakers in caprice front doors with some kind of wood spacer. To me it looks like it could be done if they were spaced out the right amount

·
Registered
834 Posts
What words did you search for? I just searched the word "template" and came up with multiple threads with the template in it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok after searching more I found the 6.5 speaker template. Can anyone answer my 6x9 speaker fit question, anyone done it? I got a extra set of 6x9"s I could use if I could get them to fit. Or is there a way to make boxes to fit the 6x9"s on the floor next to the kick panel?. I thought I seen something about that once. As far as doing a search, it brings up a bunch of **** almost all of it not what you want!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yup, thats the problem with the search here. Too many BS threads of worthless dribble.

Not sure about the by 9's. Make a couple sets of templates and try it out. Then if it works post it in this (your) thread so the next person that searches for this answer will have it :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
6x9 all around

Yes they do fit. I have 6x9s in the front doors and rear doors. Like you mention, yes you need to use a spacer or make one. I used 1/4 spacer made from mdf fiber board. Some 6x9s bring spacers too. Depending on the speakers, thickness of the board will vary to clear the magnet. 6x9s rock. I have Polk Audio Momo series. I also have subs for the low end, which hit hard.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yes they do fit. I have 6x9s in the front doors and rear doors. Like you mention, yes you need to use a spacer or make one. I used 1/4 spacer made from mdf fiber board. Some 6x9s bring spacers too. Depending on the speakers, thickness of the board will vary to clear the magnet. 6x9s rock. I have Polk Audio Momo series. I also have subs for the low end, which hit hard.
Can you post pics of that of your doors would like to see how that looks with the 6x9's in them .

·
Registered
158 Posts
Can you post pics of that of your doors would like to see how that looks with the 6x9's in them .
I installed them a long time ago, so I dont have pics with the panels off. Everything, panels and all fit over like stock. Nothing altered on the panels to tell there are 6x9s in there. I run the polk audio momo series 6x9s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts