Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a 96ss with the Corvette starter.I dont know how but i cant find the starter nuts to wire it up.I would appreciate it if anyone has these 2 nuts they can sell me.Let me know guys.
Thanks Paul.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Take it to the hardware store and match them up.

-Nab

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
starter

I have it on car and bought some nuts from hardware store and none fit on the top stud the bottom one is 3/8 so i got that one.I was just hoping if someone had a bad starter they could sell me the nuts.
Thanks Paul.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I have it on car and bought some nuts from hardware store and none fit on the top stud the bottom one is 3/8 so i got that one.I was just hoping if someone had a bad starter they could sell me the nuts.
Thanks Paul.
It's held on with 2 bolts... +1 on take it with you...?

(no 'dick-headded-ness' intended, just simplicity.)

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nuts

Hey Fooserguy i am referring to the 2 studs that the cables go to.There are nuts that go on to hold cables i cant find those nut sizes.
Thanks Paul.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Hey Fooserguy i am referring to the 2 studs that the cables go to.There are nuts that go on to hold cables i cant find those nut sizes.
Thanks Paul.

Fooserguy was referring to "it's only two bolt's" to unbolt the starter from the car and take into the hardware store.

Good luck on your search

·
Registered
914 Posts
There Giving you the best info Drop the starter take it to the store. If your lucky and have a cool employee he might let you digin there starter cores and find sum. The hardest part is if a vendor used a diff style selonoid u may be chasing your tail getting the right size nuts without it there with you. And lowes by far has the best nut/bolt section if you cand find one at parts store

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Thanks Paul.
it would also help to know if you have the denso or delco gear reduction starter.
don't know about the delco but the denso should be metric nuts not inch.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
starter

Ok guys thanks for the help i guess i will drop the starter and bring it with me.
Thanks Paul.

·
Registered
994 Posts
You might need different pitch threads, so might be fine thread, coarse thread, meteric, american, etc.......Either go buy a couple of everything close, or take starter to hardware store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts