Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to install a whole new turn signal setup because my right turn signal never works and I just replaced the springs, still no good.

I need a diagram on how to install this.

·
Registered
831 Posts
when u go to take the one thats installed out, cut the wires down by the connector. You do that because your gonna use the old signal switch to pull your "fishing" line up. Then your gonna wrap that around the new switch to get it back down (u want the connector & fishing wire as thin as possible). I would use a lil cushion because I felt like I was gonna break the new connector as I pulled through. If it doesnt want to go or feels like its stuck, pull back out and twist the connector 180* and retry. It will eventually go down smooth.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when u go to take the one thats installed out, cut the wires down by the connector. You do that because your gonna use the old signal switch to pull your "fishing" line up. Then your gonna wrap that around the new switch to get it back down (u want the connector & fishing wire as thin as possible). I would use a lil cushion because I felt like I was gonna break the new connector as I pulled through. If it doesnt want to go or feels like its stuck, pull back out and twist the connector 180* and retry. It will eventually go down smooth.

what brand did you go with?

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Don't cut the wires. There is a plastic channel on the bottom of the steering column that you can remove. The connector will easily pass through the column once you remove the channel. You only need a piece of clotheshanger wire to guide the connector. There are two clips that hold the channel. You have to activate both at the same time. It is a lot easier than soldering all the wires back together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts