Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up i have a 95 impala ss and my tires are the factory BF Goodwrench tires that came on the car originally. They are a good tire, is there anything better performance wise that i could look into for a all around performace all season tire? THanks and where can i purchase for a good price?

· Registered
1,824 Posts
Tire rack normally has damn good prices. I think they have a warehouse down in georgia. So if it was near you, and you picked them up, it would save you on shipping. There is a tire rack warehouse about 45 miles from me. I went down there and picked up some tires for some other cars. Prices were near impossible to beat.

I like the Kuhmo SPT's on my SS rims, but They are a summer performance tire, and I really doubt they would be very good in the cold, or in snow. But I don't see it getting that cold down there. They were a reasonable price for 255's in the front, and 285's in the back, from what the previous owner paid for them. Fronts are wearing very well... Rears are... well, not doing so well. I did a hefty burnout on them, and I am regreting it.

I know Kuhmo has a performance all season that is a little cheaper.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=255/&ratio=45&diameter=17&x=57&y=10

· Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL they are not the original tires LOL and thanks for the correction, sorry but i live in northern virgina now so i have to change my signature lol, so i need some all season tires for the snow up here in DC

· Premium Member
8,747 Posts
......my tires are the factory BF Goodwrench tires that came on the car originally. They are a good tire......
cwm2 cwm2......

kumho asx............

If you think the BFG's were a good tire, then you'll bust a nut once you drive with the ASXs ;) .

They are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the BFGs. Seriously :eek: !

KW

· Registered
1,824 Posts

· Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i see them the kuhmo's right, a friend with a evo told me to look into some nitto NTO 5's , and i'm currently looking into the Nitto INVO's, because the NTO 5's are a summer tire only i need all season

· Registered
360 Posts
um..dude, they come in 255/50/17, and they're W rated...you plan on going over 170 anytime soon? be serious...

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop....o_Seite=15&sort_by=brand&Transport=P&dsco=135

i've ordered (along with others i assume since i've posted the site in every tire thread ive been in) all my tires from here so dont worry about that either..

and, lastly...i take pride in the fact that apparently im the only person in this thread besides KW that knows how to spell kumho..:p

· Premium Member
8,747 Posts
.............and, lastly...i take pride in the fact that apparently im the only person in this thread besides KW that knows how to spell kumho..:p
cwm2 cwm2 cwm2 !!!!!!!!!

KW

· Registered
1,734 Posts
Get the Nitto INVO's man.

I just put these on after having the Kumho's and the Nitto 555's.

These INVO's are killer looking (boring sidewall though), and quiet!

You wont regret getting these.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.