Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone selling a hood pad prefer locally in south fl for our cars? Going on a daily so doesnt need to be perfect.

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
There is a 95 Caprice in the West Palm Beach LKQ yard. The insulators are miserable to ship.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
Anyone selling a hood pad prefer locally in south fl for our cars? Going on a daily so doesnt need to be perfect.
OK I checked the GM stock and there is not a single dealership in the USA showing one so it is going to have to be used. Good Luck in your search.

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
FWIW I bought one at a dealership in Simi Valley, CA last year. It was shipped to them from Detroit. First one had a bend in one corner so they ordered another one.

Sounds like I got one of the last ones available if Mike did a nationwide search.

Junkyard would be a option....although it would likely be "well used"...

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
FWIW I bought one at a dealership in Simi Valley, CA last year. It was shipped to them from Detroit. First one had a bend in one corner so they ordered another one.

Sounds like I got one of the last ones available if Mike did a nationwide search.
I did and found nothing. About 2 years or so ago I had checked and at that time there were 3 available so you probably got one of those.

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Registered
7,865 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
You can buy reproduction new ones these days, but yeah junkyard or DIY is your only option otherwise. New one is about $200.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Thats what i ordered .not bad for the price .
So did you have to cut out for the light and the retaining pins? Does it seem to fit and lay good and not get worn/rubbed in any areas? I think I remember someone saying the flat pad offered by Street Trends (remember them?) was a tricky fit and would get wear marks where it would rub on the engine bay area.

I may get one for the price and see how it looks. Use my spare as a template to mark up openings and go with a dual light on the hood. Mine current pad is in "ok" shape and I was considering just using a fabric spray or paint but heard these things Suck up the paint.

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far so good.holes lined up for plastic pins but did have to cut for hood light .thinner than stock so no rubbing.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Did they ship that thing flat or rolled up?

This is the company that makes them....

https://remautoinc.com

...and they offer Molded ones for some cars not sure about Impala. They are only an hour or so from me. May be nice to take a spring drive and get one if they sell direct. Heck their name is my Initials so it was meant to be. >:).

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
The link I showed on the previous page showed one that was molded and had the cut out for the light.

Mark: Snowman-33

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Just spoke with REM and they don't usually sell to the Public but if your local they may make an exception. They don't offer a "Molded" pad for our cars but think I'll be happy with the other.

On that website it was listed for $102 plus free ship. I just ordered mine and he quoted me only $38 and not sure on ship cost but it wont be much...probably about $50 total and no need to drive anywhere....Win/Win.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Got the new Hood Insulator from REM last week and it was in a 10"x10"x17" box and I thought "uh oh, wonder how this will look". It was also shrink wrapped in plastic. Once I opened it up, it just springed to life (like a baseball pitching net) and layed out perfectly flat with no creases anywhere. 0:)

It's actually a nice piece for the money and looks quite a bit better than my stocker which is a little chewed up and stained. Granted, this is not a molded piece like stock, but for the money it costs, seems like a very nice option. The cut shape matches stock perfectly and the holes are punched out for all the fasteners. You will need to cut out for the light.

When I spoke with them, they don't stock these and make them to order so it took a few extra days to get it made. Communication from them was very good and it only cost me $32.20 and the ship was $11.75 plus a small PA tax of a few $. So all in all, very pleased with this pad and not sure if they will ship everywhere but give them a call and see what they may do. You can always order it from that other vendor but it was $102.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts