Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I wa swondering if it would be possible to do 6x9's in the front door instead of 6.5's?I have already blown my 6.5's that were 125w max and 45 rms?I was given a price of $250 for the type r 6.5 components but that seems a bit too high for me.6x9's are definetly much cheaper to do and would probably sound better too??Thanks, if anyone has any ideas, please chime in,thanks again.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bustn, it could be done and with proper placement of the speaker, it probably could be done without any major cutting. Depth would be your biggest problem. I don't know how it would sound though

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Components will sound better, and they really are not that difficult to install. Just use the template in the tech tip section. I think the 6x9s would be a much more difficult install and they won't sound any better.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 75x4 amp hooked up and in 2 days blew my 6.5's.I have looked at alot of speakers and most of them are up to 50 watts rms??I have seen some go up to 70 watts rms but like I said they are $175+.The 6.5's were 45 rms and didn't stand a chance.Why would you guys think that 6x9's would not sound good up front too? :confused:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know what kind of speakers you had but no matter what a crappy speaker is rated at its always gonna blow, especially with good power going to them.. I went through 2 sets both cheap that blew within a week. If you have a good set of components, with good power & all is tuned well, & your not trying to get your BOOM from them you'll be fine.. Spend your hard earned money on a good component set & make sure system is tuned. They'll be music to your ears.. Where do you live in Orlando?? Justin

'94 DGGM Caprice SS Wagon (SSLOWMO)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey sslomo,I stay over by the airport.Who did your audio stuff?What are some good components(brand)?I want to stay with alpine but $250 for their low end components are kinda high for me!thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bustn, I've been doing my own & friends audio stuff since before I could drive about 7 years now. You had alpines that blew? I just put a set of JL Audio VR components in that cost me $200.. My friend just put the top o the line JL Audio XR's components in, paid $250. You ever been to OLD TOWN where they have the sat night cruise near kissimmie?? They got a great lil audio place in there that I've been going to ever since I found it. Best prices on stuff around here, & lots of NICE stuff under one roof.. I can't remember if they carry Alpine. You should give them a call though & see, cause if they do they'll probably have the best prices on them. Shops called Performance Audio 407-787-9790. If you want any other info send me an email.. [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts