Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys, I have a 95 impala ss with 120k on the stock bottom end and a LE2 setup with about 20k, i want to rebuild the bottom end, and replace the listers ect. What would you guys recommend as far as a rebuild kit, i was thinking about going with a eagle setup, would that suffice I only want to do this once. It's a daily driver it won't have any boost ect, i'm on a budget, what would you guys recommend thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
because to find out what the problem is it requires me to look into the engine so i might as well just do it one final time and rebuild it

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I would suggest new main, rod and cam bearings.
New oil pump and timing chain.
If it has blow-by then hone and re-ring it.
I know a shop in Southern MD that can do it. ;)

-Nab

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, do you have a number for them and how much do you think they will charge for thanks

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but woulden't that just be a stock build will it stand up to the LE2 setup and cam power, i don't want to do this again at all lol

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I think the rebuild will def stand up to the LE2 combo, not like it's anything special Jamey lol. Try EFI Performance (aka Nabil), he might be able to hook you up. If not, hell, Try Karl.

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
already have, NAB's place reminds me of home LOL, ya i'm getting it ready and putting all of my ducks in a row, what's UP QUINTON LOL

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Def do the mains, rod, and cam bearings. Just like nab said, timing chain and oil pump...dont forget to tack weld the pickup on.
You can run a little thinner head gasket to boost compression a bit. Im running a victor reinz .024 HG, and its working great.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SO GUYS I SAY LET THE GAMES BEGIN muuuhahahahah umm never mind lol, but ya anymore input is welcome

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Yes, EFI Performance. 301.648.9900

Engine R&R $600
Rebuild LT1 $900
hone block & rering $200

-Nab

·
Registered
299 Posts
...dont forget to tack weld the pickup on.
Don't weld the tube, get the tube retainer from JEGS. Its cheap insurance.

JEGS 23621
Bolt-On Oil Pump Pick-up Retainer 1993-Present SB-Chevy LT & LS Series with 3/4" Tube
Item# 555-23621
Ships Today
Only $9.99

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
You can run a little thinner head gasket to boost compression a bit. Im running a victor reinz .024 HG, and its working great.
The Victor Reinz HG was the OEM head gasket, it's no thinner than stock.... just thinner than the other often used "stock replacement" HG, the FelPro 9966__something something..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts