·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my car randomly died on me a month ago... I did the following repairs

resealed the MASSIVE oil leak from the WP drive seal
New Opti
MSD wires

My car only starts when I give it some gas, after about three start attempts. WTF??? I didnt change the plugs, The sensor on the front of the WP is broken and I stillneed to put the 2nd vaccum hose on the opti..

Would any of these contribute to the non-starts and ROUGH idle...... Not to mention the clicking coming from the front of my engine bay.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Ok, so my car randomly died on me a month ago... I did the following repairs

resealed the MASSIVE oil leak from the WP drive seal
New Opti
MSD wires

My car only starts when I give it some gas, after about three start attempts. WTF??? I didnt change the plugs, The sensor on the front of the WP is broken and I stillneed to put the 2nd vaccum hose on the opti..

Would any of these contribute to the non-starts and ROUGH idle...... Not to mention the clicking coming from the front of my engine bay.

IAC clean it you already got the opti and installed it?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
fuel pump?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
If the engine temperature sensor is broken, the PCM will use a default temperature. Opti cannot operate without vent for a long time. It is probably acting up already.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
If the engine temperature sensor is broken, the PCM will use a default temperature. Opti cannot operate without vent for a long time. It is probably acting up already.
+1 opti wont last long

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Its the sensor on the WP, Get that fixed. Its cheap and easy..bet it fixes the starting problem

·
Registered
346 Posts
mine wouldn't start because of spark plugs flooded from holding gas to start.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
mine wouldn't start because of spark plugs flooded from holding gas to start.
lol the more you post the more i confirm you ate paint chips

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
My car only starts when I give it some gas, after about three start attempts.

BECAUSE

The sensor on the front of the WP is broken
There is your answer!

The temp sensor in the WP is an input to the PCM. If it is broken or disconnected, the PCM thinks the engine is -40f and will basically flood the engine with fuel. The only way to get it to start is to floor the gas pedal to give it some air.

Also, that sensor is different (2 wire) than the one in the head. Make sure you get the correct sensor!

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
u guys were right...and awes:Dme.......... but it still keeps cutting off while driving......... guys i shoulda did plugs toocwm3

·
Registered
576 Posts
There is your answer!

The temp sensor in the WP is an input to the PCM. If it is broken or disconnected, the PCM thinks the engine is -40f and will basically flood the engine with fuel. The only way to get it to start is to floor the gas pedal to give it some air.

Also, that sensor is different (2 wire) than the one in the head. Make sure you get the correct sensor!
I don't know......... I wanted to run my car after a new opti cap & rotor as a test before I put the water pump back on and it ran better than it ever has without the water pump or ECT. Granted, I didn't run it long but it started right up and ran great so......??

IF the opti is good, I'd suspect a fuel pump dying a slow death.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts