Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok when I got this car tires worn almost to tread markers.
I would slam it from dead stop and straight burn the tires till threw a light. Was able to slide the car on corners.
I changed rear axles/fluid and new rear pads and rotors. Did the break bolt mods. Put new fusion zri tires on stock size.
Now I cant get it to break them lose really at all less I actual Really try. As in hold the brake and let the rpms go up.
So did something happen and I loss power or just better tires?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Better traction is all and that is what you WANT.

Enough RPM and my friend in the Army could do a burnout in his 3cylinder Geo.

Burnouts (while cool) do not impress me in the slightest.

:)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not looking to do burnuts just break them lose alittle.
Just seems like the car bogs down now. When u hit the gas from a stop.
My Mustang 5.0 with 5speed would smoke these same tires.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
"My Mustang 5.0 with 5speed would smoke these same tires."

Your Mustang doesn't weigh 4200+lbs either. Get some 4.10's if breaking tires loose is your goal.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not my goal. Just like hearing a churp when I gun it.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Around or below the wear marks is usually pretty hard rubber, they spin easily but usually don't leave much evidence behind.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Well, you have a BIG, HEAVY car compared to a Mustang. You want chirp put some bald tires back on it.

A good way to overcome traction is MORE power :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
You mentioned that you did the brake bolt modification. That can very well have something to do with you not being able to spin the tires as the brake bolt mod makes the rear brakes clamp down harder, thereby preventing the wheels from spinning even when lightly pressing the brake pedal down. As others have mentioned may also have something to do with the new tires. It could even be a combination of factors like the brake bolt mod + the new tires. - Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts