-Valvoline brake fluid
- Zinc plated slotted rotors from rotorpros
-new duralast water pump, therostat and radiator cap
-new serpantine belt
- Performance friction pads
-New shoes and drums
-new Brake kits for both rotors and drums
-New TC
- AC Delco Rapidfire(HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMENDED.WOW)

I was gonna make an instruction manual for noobs, but i rather just show off my pics :D

please note that our cars are 10 plus years old, those springs are a major pain in el arse. Please get a spring compressor from AZ..

before the 9c1 springs, this is with the weight of all the above car parts in it. Saggy like eldely breasts

Drum Medecine

After

Unfortunatly my car does not take th 11" drum, but the 9" drum. Discouraged, I ran to autozone and turned my fresly painted, sexxy drum back in for 9" drums. 9" doesn't pop up for the RM, so we tried Caprice. The only 9" drums they had looked nothing like mine so I left the rusty ones that were already there, on. The guy did'nt delieve that my drums were from a 92, the inside was in perfect condition. Prolly cuz the shoes were bald from the jump.

new water pump

I put newspaper in all the holes and painters tape around the top befrore I painted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Then wala, wont rust as easy and looks dandy.. I made love to it that night

the old pump

the old and current drum, lol

the old shocks

right RM left 9c1

I'll let these speak for themselves

Hypothesis, I'm gonna spray paint my rotors

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Conclusion... I can't spray paint worth 4 damns. This is harder then you thing. The most nipple churning thing is taping it off. I know there might have been an easier route, but you were not there to show me so shut up.

My old shoes

look @ the cracks. My mechanic told me "Boy I dont know how you stoped this car with these beat up brakes, either you are on hell of a driver or God is riding shotgun it this car" lol. i told him "both"..lol My pads looked waaaaaaaaaay worse, rotors were cool though.

serpentine had more cracks the Florida avenue(if u are from the dc area, and you know the streets, you just laughed)

Sooooooooo, I decided that the lil Roadmaster sighn on my car needed a face lift

Why oh, why did I choose metalic black :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought I covered it up pretty well. MAAAAN was I wrong

i refuse to show how bad of a job I did on that one. this picture was taken 20 minuates later at home depot

I like the way my car came out

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe you needed a suspension and paint thread for newbies before you started. ;)

Ha ha...

Where are the finished and installed pics? Got you dub dueces on yet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Naw, no 22's on yet, they are still sittin in my livingroom. My camera wont upload my finished pics for some odd reason. The 9c1 springs did not make a huge difference in ride height. But the car ride so much stiffer now. It's not nearly as comfrtable as the dynaride system but screw it. My handling is so much better now. that guy who always says that my car wont be able to stop on 22's is an idiot. That car stops on 3/4 of a dime now. I almost threw myself through the windsheild trying to break in my pads and rotor. It takes so little effort to bring that car to a complete stop

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good man. Figure that damn camera out, I want to see more pics!

And, I want to see how bad you screwed up the Roadie emblem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by iiibdsiil:
Looks good man. Figure that damn camera out, I want to see more pics!

And, I want to see how bad you screwed up the Roadie emblem.
Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought some glossy grey and some clear ultra reflective spray paint to get her done.

DGM you jackass, why didn't you come out and give me a hand

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTW, this was the best part:

Originally posted by Loonatyk:

Conclusion... I can't spray paint worth 4 damns. This is harder then you thing. The most nipple churning thing is taping it off. I know there might have been an easier route, but you were not there to show me so shut up.

That's what REALLY had me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by DgGm CaPrIcE:
its not in your best interest to paint the braking surface of a rotor just an fyi ;)
he didn't, you can see he taped if off

I think he was trying to do what I did.

Those brake shoes looked horrible. Believe it or not the ones on my car had 150k on them before they were changed. One had a huge crack in the shoe!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LMAO.
i honestly couldnt stop laughin' after those rotor pics. Holy $h*t ! they lookt aweful. I know how it is mayne.Lots of times i get fustrated and just pay the pros to do it, lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks buffman for making my failure even more visable. You think you are so cool with your LT1, your hi-tech paint board, and your expensive rotors. i wa thinki when i was painting them, "Buffman thinks he's God" lol... no joke.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks buffman for making my failure even more visable. You think you are so cool with your LT1, your hi-tech paint board, and your expensive rotors. i wa thinki when i was painting them, "Buffman thinks he's God" lol... no joke.
board isn't that hi-tech, my dad just yells at me for painting on the good plywood, so he designates what ones I can paint on

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh yeah and I did that "breaking in the new brakes" thing. i don't know if I did it right though. i did notice the more i did it, the stronger the cars brakes became. I actually made the tires sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrt without pressing the brake all that hard :eek: . it's kinda scary how hard I can brake now. 4 piston calipers my a$$....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh yeah and I did that "breaking in the new brakes" thing. i don't know if I did it right though. i did notice the more i did it, the stronger the cars brakes became. I actually made the tires sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrt without pressing the brake all that hard :eek: . it's kinda scary how hard I can brake now. 4 piston calipers my a$$....
Have someone give you a ride in a car that has an upgraded brake system and you'd prolly take back that comment

glad to see the car stops good. I think I still have some air to bleed out of mine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.