Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I go Wot, the sounds goes away only while I'm still holding down throttle, what is this sound, came from no where.

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
Probably a hose for your AC. The vacuum is less as the engine speed increases, so the suction noise will decrease.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do the hoses run to the vents or behind the a/c panel, thanks for all the recent help BTW.

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
They form a manifold behind the dash to open actuators, and control the flow of air through the ducts.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Not sure about the 94-96 climate control system, but the hissing issue on my 92 turned out to be the light purple hose goin into the climate control. It was leaking between clear boot and hose at end.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are there any online diagrams for the interior vacuum lines, I found on hose(black) just hanging behind the glove box, I will post pictures tonight and maybe someone will recongize where it goes

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found the line, it is a hard vacuum line that runs from the firewall beside the a/c box behind the glove box. the hard line turns into a soft line that runs down to a clear 90 degree vacuum connector. this line is sucking in air, but I see no where for it to go. it is the only vacuum line that runs right beside the right side of the a/c box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts