Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just flushed my heatcore cleaned resevoir put coolant in now my low coolant light stays on how do i turn it off can anyone help:confused:

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Did you make sure to really clean out the tank, sometimes sediment stays in there down by the sensor.

Take the palm of your hand and lightly tap the coolant tank where the low coolant sensor is located (remember, easy does it).

Then watch light turn off.

·
Super Moderator
6,000 Posts
Slightly overfill the reservoir, start the car, and hit the top of the reservoir HARD a few times with the side of your fist. Light should go out ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,894 Posts
make sure the reservoir is topped off properly if it is not then the float wont come up and turn the light off otherwise take a hammer and lightly tap on the side of the tank and see if that fixes it did you remember to plug the sensor plug back in its on the underside of the coolant tankcwm7

edit holy cow three answers in five minutes what amazing customer service in this thread now if we had some punctuation that would be just duckycwm7

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man you guys are the best. tapped it a couple of times that sucker went off .... got to love the bowtie family much love thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts