Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had this going for almost 2 month and im done putting up with it. my fuel pressure read 36psi at idle. the car jerk at that. when i connect the laptop to the car it says closed loops but there's no check engine light or problem showing up on the laptop but that. help?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
just a thought..
could it be the fuel pressure regulator?
pull the rubber elbow off of the back.. should be dry, no fuel or smell.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i replace the fuel filter. no luck. but i should mention when i rev the engine the fuel pressure climb and the car doesnt jerk at all. only when the car is at idle does it jerk. so this is proof that the fuel pump work and cant increase pressure. im thinkin the PCM is sending low voltage since the car is in closed loop maybe?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Same issue, bout 34-36psi, jerky at idle and low throttle. I'd go with the fuel filter, but mine hasn't failed me yet...

·
Registered
714 Posts
I recall a few long gone posts years back about an issue similar to yours that was caused by bad PCM drivers. Worth a try swapping in a known good PCM to check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.