Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished some front end work on the wife's 95 B4U Caprice LT1. I replaced the lower ball joints and cut one coil off the front springs. FYI the Heavy Duty Moog ball joints(K6141) don't fit
, or maybe just don't fit the 94-95 Caprices. It may work on 9C1s and Impalas after 1995, I don't know. I am just posting this hoping to save someone out there some time and aggrevation if they are planning to use the HD ball joint because they are a larger diameter and will not fit in the stock A frame. I ended up going with the Moog 6145 ball joints.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Simple : you misread the parts list

Your car has 9/16" balljoints (i.e. 6145s), and the 6141s are 5/8" balljoints that ONLY work on late 95 and all 96 9C1s (as far as B-bodies go).

Reference
THIS POST for the right part numbers.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSmitty:
Just finished some front end work on the wife's 95 B4U Caprice LT1. I replaced the lower ball joints and cut one coil off the front springs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mike,

What did you use to cut the coil off the spring?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Brian,
I used a electric grinder with a metal cutting wheel instead of the grinding wheel. It cut right through and didn't heat up the springs. I actually cut a little more than one coil(about 1 and 1/8th). Any more and I think it would have been too low. Will I see you saturday at the Autofair?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSmitty:
Hi Brian,
I used a electric grinder with a metal cutting wheel instead of the grinding wheel. It cut right through and didn't heat up the springs. I actually cut a little more than one coil(about 1 and 1/8th). Any more and I think it would have been too low. Will I see you saturday at the Autofair?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
We didn't have anything like that available at the moment when the whole front end of my car was apart. I thought some slightly shorter springs would be nice.

I won't be at the show during the day. But I'd like to meet up with you guys later when you break for dinner. We can exchange phone contact info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts