Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need some help. I am looking for the lower door moldings that basically cover the rocker panels. The picture shows where they are located (the most bottom part of the car). I found a set at the junkyard but they were all bent up and they were the chrome ones. I am looking for the non-chrome, the ones you can paint to match body color. Does anyone have a spare set or looking to get rid of some. I believe there are 8 moldings in all. One on each door, two small pieces on the front fenders and two on the rear behind the rear doors. Im sure they were on the sedans too! I am in Grand Rapids, Mi. Anybody have any or can get their hands on some for me would be great!!----Thanks guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Man, that thing sits way too high. Can't you get it a little lower? Will rocker moldings actually survive a trip on this car? Though the "chrome" Caprice ones (stainless really) can be prepped and painted, they have a groove for wheel opening moldings that the Roadmaster wagons don't have, plus the RMW trim is black.

If you can find someone coming out here on August 12th to pull these for you, I have about a crapload of them. If someone can pull 'em and get 'em to you, they're free.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am planning to get rid of my black rockers from my RMW. If you can wait till after I go up to Fred's on Aug 12th I will give you mine. (I'm switching up to chrome)

Chris Powell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.