Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For whatever reason my phone will not allow me to use the search function so, has anyone had success with repairing/rebuilding the driver side lower seat cushion? The rear portion of the cushion sags quite a bit and the last time it did this it was due to a spring that had came off the support wires, this time they are all intact but the furthest back cross wire has slid forward which I think is part of the problem. I was going to find a way to secure thay wire in its appropriate location but then it appears that the foam in the rear section may be worn out as well. My thoughts were to add a piece of foam between the original foam and the support springs. Am I thinking along the right line to repair this? Here is a pic after I just removed the Seay and the tracks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took the seat over to my buddies house who does upholstery out of his garage and we ended up installing another 2 rows of cross tie wires and then removed the cushion and glued the foam back together where it had seperated and then reinstalled the foam/cover and added a little extra foam under the rear portion and WOW what a difference that made. Also found that one of the brackets for the seat back tilt mechanism had a broken weld so we welded that back up as well.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Having a buddy who does upholstery is no doubt the way to go.

20+ years of ass time will sag any seat. My lower spring grid also needed some attention on DS. Beyond foaming both seat bottoms, my driver side back needed a insert sewn in.

FWIW my seat thread here

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=1265697

Like the Op's seats, man what a difference after the new padding

1 - 4 of 4 Posts