Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone just lower the car without replacing struts or chocks or anything? i mean if you lowered your impala too, all you need are lowing springs right? there wont be after effects if you just use the springs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
na just replace the springs, is it the 1994 9c1?
u might want to look into the impala springs they drop the car and still have a stockish feel to them, alot more bouncy but better then aftermarket....also i knew a guy who just cut the first coil off the spring and that dropped it and keep that firm bounce back that the 9c1 springs were ment to have. so its all your choice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with the Hotchkis, they're progressive rate springs so they offer more resistance as they compress. Drop Specs: Impala SS 1.25" F, 1" R 90-96 Caprice 1.5" F, 1.25" R.

From what I have read on here, SS and 9c1 springs have the same spring rate but are different heights. The Hotchkis are as low as I would go with an everyday car.

Spring rate info here.

Rustic Racing sells Vogtlands, which are the same springs Hotchkis uses, for $195. "These springs provide a 1.2” drop in both the front and rear of the 94-96 Impala SS. You will see more drop if you are swapping out 9C1 or civilian caprice springs."

[ 03-22-2007, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: 94capclass (Sean) ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.