Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to lower my 94 SS 2".

Purchased Intrax for the impalas, lowered the rear 4" - 4.5" (WAY TOO LOW)

Had intrax send me another set. (Same exact coils). Wouldn't work too low.

Thought maybe the springs are 9c1? So I purchased the moog cc621 (My thoughts basically the same as the stock SS might lower it @ 2" -ended up 1/2" taller than what I had to begin with

Thoughts Anyone??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arkansass,
It does sound like you started out with 9C1 springs. Intrax advertises a 1.8" drop from Impala SS spring height.

I went from 9C1 springs to Intrax. The drop was probably around 4" total. Do you know what your before and after measured heights were to either: the top of wheel arches or to frame rails?

I posted my final measurements and pictures in this thread:
http://impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=16&t=003903#000006

The only problem I have with the Intrax is scraping my exhuast tips going in and out of inclined driveways. I'm thinking about side exit exhaust to fix this.

-- Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by arkansass:
Rear Measurements went from 27.75" to just under 24", and the moog cc621 were around 28" or so.
Damn, that is pretty low. With the Intrax, mine is
front wheel arch: 26.5"
rear wheel arch: 25.75"

I have 235/70-15 tires, which I think are about 1" taller than 255/50-17. Still, even if I put 225/50-17's on my car, I'd be at 25.5 at the front wheel arch.

-- Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the advertsied drops are not very accurate compared to the actual drops from the different spring brands.... For example, Intrax seems to lower the rear of the car alot more than Sprints(even though Sprints advertise a bigger drop on the rear than the front, Intrax advertises 1.8 all around from SS height).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've had Eibach on my 96 SS since 96 dropprd it about 1.5-2.0 and have had no problems. the car sets perfect and I originally had 20s on it. now I'm running 22s with again no problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.