Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How low do ya wanna go? I think Sprint makes springs that will drop a wagon 2-3". If that's to low, www.bbodyperformance.com will have some avail. soon that'll drop it @ 1-1.25". You can also do a search in this section about lowering. It's been discussed alot. HTH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do a search on springs in the wagon section. I think Sean did a spring and lowering comparison.

Here's my wagon on Sprint Springs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Suspension Techniques springs aka ST springs aren't as low as Sprints. $160 @ JC Whitney for front and rears. I've also heard of running regular SS springs. Most wagon springs are heavy duty springs if equipped with auto-level. Add Bilstein 1104 & 0929 shocks. I'm running STs and Bilstein 1104/0929 shocks.

Art

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help! I'm new to the wagon world, just left the import seen and thought I'd step it up a notch with the wagon. I just bought it and the dumbasses heated the springs so it rides like crap. Here's a pic, it's a 92 with 75,000 miles in showroom condition. Let me know what you think. I would like to sell these wheels and buy some different one's though...Thanks again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Klez,
So you put drop spindles and ss springs in the front? How much drop did you end up with? About 3"??? What do you have in the rear??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by fchava:
Klez,
So you put drop spindles and ss springs in the front? How much drop did you end up with? About 3"??? What do you have in the rear??
3-3.5" in the front and 3" sprint springs in the rear (something like that).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jasonwagon, I'd love to bag it. Do you know about how much it costs or where to get the bags? If that's your green wagon, it's one bad ass car!! I'll trade ya....lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by woodywagon:
jasonwagon, I'd love to bag it. Do you know about how much it costs or where to get the bags? If that's your green wagon, it's one bad ass car!! I'll trade ya....lol
I wish that was my wagon. Mine will be like the one in my signature. I am currently building my Sonoma right now also in my signature. I know everything about bags so I can answer any questions or concerns you may have. Basically what you will need to bag it would be a bag kit (bags, fittings, lines, compressors, valves, switches and tanks) The options are unlimited. You can save money and run manual valves but I would recommend using eight electric valves. it will be faster and you will have FBSS. Once you get your kit you will need some upper and lower mounting brackets for the bags. I can make them for you. I have made a few sets already. They make your kit pretty much bolt in. You will need to notch the rear frame for it to lay down like the one above. Check out www.gravity-werx.com for bag kits. Good luck. Oh, and if you want to see more of that wagon go to www.streetsourcemag.com and look in the owners profiles for caprice wagons.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cool thanks for the info... I see you are from Lebanon.. I am from the Greenville area. pretty close to you, so I might have to take you up on the help....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As far as the bags go, I would stay away from the Airlift bags. I have had a ZERO % success rate with them. I would only recommend using a Firestone 2600# bag or one of the Slam Specialties 2600# bags with a nice set of shocks. Another thing you will want to consider is how fast you want it to be. With the setup I have on my GMC, I can hop the tires 14" off the ground on 1 hit but I am running a pretty elaborate setup. If you want to just go up & down nicely(not too fast, not too slow) then I would reccommend going with 3/8" valves, 3/8" port bags & 1/2" line. F/B/S/S is not neccesary but it is nice. You would only need 4 valves to to front/back. You could get a "F/B/S/S" effect using 6 valves also by making 4 valves for the front and 2 valves for the rear. Since the B bodies already have a rear triangulated setup, you will have plenty of suspension articulation to do it this way.

Engine driven compressors are the way to go but they are difficult to install in the B bodies. I would consider running one Viair 550 or 2 Viairr 450's to keep your tank filled up. Keep in mind that the electric compressors pull approx 30 Amps each.

Good Luck!
Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by woodywagon:
cool thanks for the info... I see you are from Lebanon.. I am from the Greenville area. pretty close to you, so I might have to take you up on the help....
For sure! You can come out anytime. I do all my work myself so my truck and the wagon will always be here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Slam bags that are equal to the firestone 2600 is the Slam RS72. They get an inch more lift than the firestones and hold more psi. That is what is on all four corners of my Body Dropped Sonoma.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Klez, I love your wagon! So let me get this right, you had sprint then you switched to drop spindles and ss springs? How do they compare? Why did you switch to drop spindles and SS springs? I was going to get sprint springs for mine but I already have SS springs from my SS so why not save them and use them on the wagon. How much and where did you get your drop spindles? Was it easy to install? Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by drunkinmonk:
Klez, I love your wagon! So let me get this right, you had sprint then you switched to drop spindles and ss springs? How do they compare? Why did you switch to drop spindles and SS springs? I was going to get sprint springs for mine but I already have SS springs from my SS so why not save them and use them on the wagon. How much and where did you get your drop spindles? Was it easy to install? Thanks
Thanks, spindles ride smoother close to stock, but the SS springs make it about a inch lower and get rid of the floaty wagon ride. The main reason I switched was because I was eating up tires every 12-14k miles (due to the neg camber). It also seemed that the sprint springs went flat and started to bounce a lot.

JasonWagon, Nice looking Sonoma! Very detailed and clean work :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea, I have the same problem with my front springs. They have sagged to about a 3" drop and the steering geometry is all screwed up. I planned on going to a drop spindle myself, but really like the look of the three inch drop, that is why I was interested in Klez's setup. The bell tech spindles are available from Summit for 299.00

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.