Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO EVERYBODY I AM NEW TO THE FORUM.I HAVE A 96 IMPALA SS THAT IM CONSIDERING LOWERING.I AM LOOKING FOR A 1.5-2.0 INCH DROP.ANY EXPERIANCE WITH CURRENT SPRING PRODUCTS, SPRINT,EIBACH,
HOTCHKIS? THE ROADS HERE IN DALLAS SUCK. I DRIVE HARD AND SO DOES THE WIFE. WE DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A HARSH RIDE.BUT AT THE SAME TIME I DONT WISH TO FEEL LIKE WE ARE IN A CEMENT TRUCK.WE ALSO PLAN ON DRAG STRIP USE "LIGHTLY"!
BUT MOSTLY STREET USE.THANKS.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've had the Eibachs for about 5 yrs now. The ride is not harsh... actually these springs are somewhat soft.
The springs did settle lower than I expected. The ride dropped about 2".
I will be taking them out and putting back the stockers in the rear and GW springs in the front.
I have done some light drag racing and have had not problems with the Eibachs at all.

just my $0.02
-alfredo

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK,THANKS ALFREDO.I WILL GIVE THEM A TRY.
REEDERS37.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey

no caps pls.....

I suggest u go for Intrax or ST springs.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the caps. I suck at typing. It took me two minutes to type this! My hands are to big for this lousy keyboard.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hotchkis, 1.5" up front and 1" out back...enough, but not too much, and the ride is awesome....

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by redvette33:
Why Intrax or ST?
It will looks good on ur ss or caprice.....and it handle good. one negative is speedbump--if u get za8 it should be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts