Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I think I've decided on the SS Rims with the low-pro tires..but am I going to have to lower it so it doesn't look funny? If so, what's the best way to go..either with the Hotchkis springs or Impala SS springs?

Forgot to mention that I added the true dual exhaust...glasspacks for now, I want to switch it to Flowmaster though.

Thanks for the input!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you want the SS look and for your daily driver find the Moog replacements F/R. For looks and performance get the Hotchkis springs. And for tires on stock wheels get the stock size 255 50 R17s or 275 40 R17s for a lower wider look. Note if your area has alot of pot holes speed bumps and steep driveways, stay away from anything lower than stock SS height. I hang my pipes up just about daily here in SoCal.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which Moog front springs are close to the same rate as Impala springs? Are Moog CC627 springs the ones that are civi Caprice height?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recently put in Eibach Springs and KYB shocks. The car has a good stance and rides better now. I had a 4 bag air ride suspension form AirRide Technologies that I wasn't happy with.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by kucharz821:
I recently put in Eibach Springs and KYB shocks.
I was told the KYB shocks die kind a young since the B-bodies are so heavy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts