1,808 Posts
Reactions: KW Baraka

·
Premium Member
20,341 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello, so far im 40 pagesi to this write up it started out great alot of good info the tapers off subject and opinions alot looking for some info on the following that i havent read yet if its in here just let me know ill continue reading a couple pages at a time
1) where did the guys with 6.0 lq4 motor route or connect the vent tube?
2) if i have the truck 4l60e trans will the oem 96 impala deiveshaft work or do i need a different one?
3) anyone do there own harness? If so where did you get wiring schematic?
4) does the lq4 ecu get used only or piggyback onto the lt1?
5) which emissions systems did you keep for smog? I plan on smoging it normally without any special plates
Thanks for the info... attempting to do most of this myself

·
Registered
54 Posts
Question, I will be installing an LS2 (TBSS, so i can use the suv/truck accessories). Planning on bolting an LSA supercharger on it. Will I have to redo everything and get an all different drive system or can I manage to use some of the stock system. If not, I'd probably have to go with a top mount a/c system to clear the frame if I can't reuse the suv/truck drive system. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
255 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hello, so far im 40 pagesi to this write up it started out great alot of good info the tapers off subject and opinions alot looking for some info on the following that i havent read yet if its in here just let me know ill continue reading a couple pages at a time
1) where did the guys with 6.0 lq4 motor route or connect the vent tube?
2) if i have the truck 4l60e trans will the oem 96 impala deiveshaft work or do i need a different one?
3) anyone do there own harness? If so where did you get wiring schematic?
4) does the lq4 ecu get used only or piggyback onto the lt1?
5) which emissions systems did you keep for smog? I plan on smoging it normally without any special plates
Thanks for the info... attempting to do most of this myself
lt1swap.com has good wiring harness information and diagrams. A harness may seem intimidating @ first, but modifying one is not hard. Just need basic wiring tools, and some time. If you get stuck on anything just post a thread, folks can help if you need it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
More than Accesories

Question, I will be installing an LS2 (TBSS, so i can use the suv/truck accessories). Planning on bolting an LSA supercharger on it. Will I have to redo everything and get an all different drive system or can I manage to use some of the stock system. If not, I'd probably have to go with a top mount a/c system to clear the frame if I can't reuse the suv/truck drive system. Any ideas?
Well, First you're going to need a harness, you will need to modify your existing harness and graft them both together to create "one"
The other thing I was going to tell you is the setup that you plan on using, I really don't think that you can easily bolt a blower from an LSA engine onto an LS2, Intake ports are not the same, so I do believe you either need to upgrade your heads to the LS3, L92 style or buy these adapter plates LS1 Cathedral Port Cylinder Head Rectangle Port Intake Manifold LSA ZL1 Supercha | eBay so you are able to bolt that blower on that LS2 cathedral style heads.

Now as far as accesories, you will have to run what lines up with the blower, I do believe that the LSA engine has a unique accesory spacing and it's not the same as any other car, but don't believe anything I just wrote, sometimes I can't even understand my own writing.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I supplied links from 2 companies that offer FEAD adapter brackets that will allow you to bolt on an LSA/ZL1 sc to his TBSSLS2

Reactions: dwascher

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well, First you're going to need a harness, you will need to modify your existing harness and graft them both together to create "one"
The other thing I was going to tell you is the setup that you plan on using, I really don't think that you can easily bolt a blower from an LSA engine onto an LS2, Intake ports are not the same, so I do believe you either need to upgrade your heads to the LS3, L92 style or buy these adapter plates LS1 Cathedral Port Cylinder Head Rectangle Port Intake Manifold LSA ZL1 Supercha | eBay so you are able to bolt that blower on that LS2 cathedral style heads.

Now as far as accesories, you will have to run what lines up with the blower, I do believe that the LSA engine has a unique accesory spacing and it's not the same as any other car, but don't believe anything I just wrote, sometimes I can't even understand my own writing.
I did forget to mention I will be using L92 CNC ported heads. Also I did find out a bit more on pulleys, looks like the lssimple.net kit would work, with a/c bracket moving it to the top, vs the lower position, it's not the cheapest at $875, but looks like the most straight forward way to go. This uses the truck water pump and accessories still as well.

·
Registered
454 Posts
LS Swap Basics

......If you have a Pre-1996 (1995-earlier) 4L60E transmission, you will also need to make some changes to the wiring harness inside the transmission to keep from throwing codes...
Is there any instructions on what is needed in order to get a 94 4l60e working properly with the ls ecm

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Plug in the trans, have your tuner turn off ECCC (converter slip) and related diagnostics.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
L96 Procharger build?

Anyone ever put an L96 with a 6L90E into an Impala?
Would an E85 capable ECU run an older (1994 vintage) 4L80E?
I want an LS engine to replace the 496 Mark IV BBC and TH400 in the green rat so that I can road race it as well as drag race it.
I also plan to boost it, maybe not at first, with a F-1A(R?) Procharger. Would like to make around 800RWP.

·
Premium Member
20,341 Posts
......Would an E85 capable ECU run an older (1994 vintage) 4L80E?......
Glen,

No reason why it wouldn't....they can command 4L60E's.

It's all about getting the proper command signals to the tranny.....just have to modify the current wire harness or build one from scratch.

My wire harness and ECU was supplied by Spearteach; works perfectly with my '95 4L60E. ;)

KW

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Anyone ever put an L96 with a 6L90E into an Impala?
Would an E85 capable ECU run an older (1994 vintage) 4L80E?
I want an LS engine to replace the 496 Mark IV BBC and TH400 in the green rat so that I can road race it as well as drag race it.
I also plan to boost it, maybe not at first, with a F-1A(R?) Procharger. Would like to make around 800RWP.
6L90e can be done physically. She's a big old girl though, bigger than an 80e, and hangs pretty low if you install it on the same crank/output shaft centerline as a small block/60e combo. L96 runs an ECM only, you'd need to wire up a T42 TCM to run an 80e. 6L90e runs an internal TCM, so there's just a CAN bus between the ECM and TCM in the OE arrangement.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Really appreciate all this great information collected over many years. I'd be too afraid to try this without this forum and this thread!

I'm still pondering the 6L90E swap. I found a tranny dimensions chart at PCS that might be useful.

My biggest challenge now is to determine if I can run a blower on the road course. This probably isn't the right thread for that discussion, but please share a link if you have a good one.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Quick question about LS swap with ABS. Does anyone know if they had any issues with fitting the factory ABS and factory brake lines to the ABS module/pump on a 96 with an LS swap? Any given FEAD that works or doesn't work with ABS? Reason I ask is because I was going to order a set of stainless brake lines but I'm not going to waste money on a pre-bent kit if the ABS module/pump needs to be relocated or if the lines need to be drastically altered.
thanks!

1241 - 1260 of 1283 Posts