Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i tried searching for it but i guess im not using the right words according to the search. I need to know what are the pro and cons of using a ls1 maf. I got one for free and it is bigger the f body one. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Haven't heard much about the LS1 MAF being used and the masses here will usually state that the F-Body MAF is about the most you need until you are pushing a BOATLOAD of HP. Plus the retune of the PCM.

You don't provide any info as to what you have done to the car already, so nobody can say what it would do for the car.....probably not much unless you have heads/cam and all supporting bolt-ons, the biggest one being a full 2 1/2" exhaust..

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just asking to see if anybody is running one. I already have the f body. But the ls1 is a freebie. I know what that one you can get rid of the iat cause its in the ls1 maf.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
From what I understand an early year LS1 MAF is the same part number as the LT1 MAF of an Fbody, running the IAT sensor in the MAF didn't come in until 01+ and not sure if it was only on the vettes. These units carry the IAT sensor internally and you have to get a pigtail for this and change the tables in the PCM for the MAF sensor itself to make it work correctly, also the diameter is bigger on the later years, this website shows the table difference as well as the conversion information on a pre 01 vette, but I would think that it would be the same. http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=25

You could also contact Alex or Anthony @ PCMPerformance and they would most likely know the specifics

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet thats what i was looking for. Thanx for the help 94MI9C1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts