Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys can anybody clear up what these codes mean that I'm driving. I know that the LT1 is the engine and B4U refers to the suspension which is a tow package right?

So my question is, do i have a Caprice which is cloned to look like an SS or do i have a Caprice SS?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
… Do i have a Caprice cloned to look like an SS, or do i have a Caprice SS?
Impalas SS must have RPO WX3.
Caprices SS must have RPO WX8.

If either WX3 or WX8 are not present on a 94-96 B-sedan, it is not an 'SS' of either type.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
The B4U package includes the LT-1. There are only 3 domestic LT-1 sedans of the '94-'96 years; the Caprice of the 9c1 and B4U varieties and the Impala SS. You have a B4U that has been cloned.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
do i have a Caprice which is cloned to look like an SS or do i have a Caprice SS?
You have a basic caprice. We all do. As mentioned, searching for and cross referencing the RPO codes will shed light on what your car originally came equipped w/. Make sure the trunk RPO VIN matches the VIN on the dash. All basic caprice models (am limiting this to sedans here) came w/ varying levels of add-ons from the factory up to and including 9C1, 9C6, WX3 & WX8. This is documentable. What people/previous owners have done after delivery from the factory is undocumentable at least and very sketchy at most. This is what you need to determine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the responses guys. The only codes i know i have for certain is the LT1 and B4U codes. I downloaded the RPO codes list as suggested and i will break down the codes i have by that key.

Thanks again fellas.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The B4U package includes the LT-1. There are only 3 domestic LT-1 sedans of the '94-'96 years; the Caprice of the 9c1 and B4U varieties and the Impala SS. You have a B4U that has been cloned.
I have a 94 ls with the b4u lt1 has every option you could get at the time .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts