Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 355ci LT1 I'm trying to build up to around 435+ hp for my impala ss. So far my intake and aluminum heads has been ported. Also I'm using Lingenfelter double valve springs and AFR High Rev lifter Kit with GM-847 camshaft (234/242 dur @ .050 lift, .539/.558 lobe lift with 1.5 rockers, 112 LSA). What do you think my horse power would be????? Should i consider making it a stroker motor?????

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
It'll make about 340 to the wheels.
To make 430+ HP, you need Trick Flow ported heads by Lloyd Elliot or AI.
I'd ditch the AFR rev kit. Rev kits are obsolete because they are just
a band-aid for lack of spring pressure.
If you have good enough springs, you don't need a rev kit.

-Nab

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Thats a decent cam, but your still gonna need 1.6 rr's as well to bump that lift up a little more...

If you want quick horsepower like that you might want to look into get a procharger kit. Anything over 400 hp isnt so easy without work and money. Quick and easy is procharger or nitrous.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to get as much hp as i can, but i drive this car daily about 80 miles a day??????:confused:

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Lol you drive it everyday and you want to add 200 hp????? I think your goal is too high. Id look into getting around a 350hp set-up. 435 is like running 11's at the drag strip....

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep I know 430hp sounds like a lot for a daily driver, but i would like to get close to 400hp...... My goal is street/strip????? Maybe street racing too and show the punks in my town that a family sedan is faster than a mustangs

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Yep I know 430hp sounds like a lot for a daily driver, but i would like to get close to 400hp...... My goal is street/strip????? Maybe street racing too and show the punks in my town that a family sedan is faster than a mustangs
Turbo Charge it then..
Sounds like you want to do serious stuff.
TC allows you to set it up so your Mom can drive it to the grocery store.

TC is like having permanent NOS..
You can 1000hp in a 350 stoked up.
Or a modest 500hp with the wick down..
And the Sleeper will get 24 mpg cruising

Think about it

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where could i find a single turbocharger kit for an impala :confused:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I'm trying to get as much hp as i can, but i drive this car daily about 80 miles a day??????:confused:
then the 847 cam is not a good idea... that thing will idle very rough! i'll sound mean as hell (cwm4!!!) but it's going to run ruff at low RPM, not much low/mid range power and will need to rev alot to make it's power.

I have a 846 cam in a 355, it's as big as I'd go for a true street car... as a daily driver, it gets old quick.

Where could i find a single turbocharger kit for an impala :confused:
for your HP goals, a bolt-on blower kit would be the simple and cheaper solution.

A 355 with ported heads and a small cam (something like the 227 would be awesome with a blower) will make plenty of power with a few pounds of boost, drive great and be pretty reliable if it's well built and tuned.

a safe 450 hp should not be a problem... it's when you get to 500 whp that all hell breaks loose cwm5

·
Registered
685 Posts
i've got a great head and cam package for sale that include 1.6's, modded valve covers and cam that won't require a converter or gear change and should be good for 400+ at the crank.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Ive got the Turbo Technology kit for sale for $2200.
email me if your interested: [email protected]
It is complete including all piping, intercooler, turbo etc.

-Nab

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I have a Ported Polished set of Iron Heads (Iron Butterflys) from the PINKS car if you consider TurboCharging. The Combustion Chambers are even ported and polished. Great for a Pressured car.

They were a good solid 1/2 second improvement over GTOFreds current 350 combo using the same cam and still Naturally Aspirated...

D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.