Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is preferable for an L05 in a B-Body - the F-Body LT1 cam or the B-Body LT1 cam?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I vote b-body LT1 cam, torque is lower in the power band and the L05 heads flow VERY well down low so they make a pretty good match vs the f-body cam.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you need a stock b-body LT1 cam, lemme know. I'll be having one (well, two actually) in a few weeks if you're not in a big hurry. I'll take $20+shipping, and I'm in Houston.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by TierAngst:
I vote b-body LT1 cam, torque is lower in the power band and the L05 heads flow VERY well down low so they make a pretty good match vs the f-body cam.
Heck, tell me this now. I think the auction I just won is for the F-Body cam.
What markings will tell me the difference?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by VIN Guy's Alter Ego:
If you need a stock b-body LT1 cam, lemme know. I'll be having one (well, two actually) in a few weeks if you're not in a big hurry. I'll take $20+shipping, and I'm in Houston.
No hurry at all. If it meets your scehdule, we could even do a face to face. My Dad is recovering from a triple bypass, so I'm in Houston a fair amount to visit and help out.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any news?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Jaybo:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by VIN Guy's Alter Ego:
Any news? </font>[/QUOTE]My old LT1 is coming out of the Jag hopefully tomorrow. I've got just about everything disconnected. If that happens, I could get the cam out in the next week, or maybe 2. If you want to come help out, you're more than welcome to! There shouldn't be anything wrong with the cam; I just spun a rod bearing, and not even in a bad way. It didn't even knock. It just lost oil pressure, and has a hard time turning over.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have one more you'll be getting rid of besides Jaybo's? I've been looking for a b-body lt1 cam for some time now. Also does anyone know of any links that show gains with it in the l05? Thanks a bunch

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jaybo:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by VIN Guy's Alter Ego:
Any news? </font>[/QUOTE]My old LT1 is coming out of the Jag hopefully tomorrow. I've got just about everything disconnected. If that happens, I could get the cam out in the next week, or maybe 2. If you want to come help out, you're more than welcome to! There shouldn't be anything wrong with the cam; I just spun a rod bearing, and not even in a bad way. It didn't even knock. It just lost oil pressure, and has a hard time turning over. </font>[/QUOTE]I'd be there if I could. :D I'm headed back to Austin tonight, but I'll be in touch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts