Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

LT1 Iron Head casting numbers.

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dan Fahey 
#1 ·
Does anybody know the Iron head casting numbers(last 3 would be fine)? A guy on another forum asked. Something about NHRA rules or something. Figured if I could collect them, I could pass them on to him. I never thought to check the numbers when I was working on my cars, and I won't be in the valvecovers for some time on mine.

:)

#4 ·
Does anybody know the Iron head casting numbers(last 3 would be fine)? A guy on another forum asked. Something about NHRA rules or something. Figured if I could collect them, I could pass them on to him. I never thought to check the numbers when I was working on my cars, and I won't be in the valvecovers for some time on mine.

:)
Either Iron LT-1 Head is legal in IHRA or NHRA..
Had an engine built by Warren Engines this year.

D

#6 · (Edited)
Either Iron LT-1 Head is legal in IHRA or NHRA.
Do you know that for a fact? The author of this thread gave no info as to what class he was referring to, so it is difficult at best to respond accurately. Back in the 70s I got deeply involved in what was 'legal/not legal' in NHRA S/SS. Even independent 'authorities' needed calling out for occasionally printed errors. One had to keep abreast of any/all casting/part #s and what 'massaging' was permissible, for ANY component. Maybe the rules have changed since then. :shrug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.