Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know this is a B-Body forum, but it seems as if yall know your stuff. I am thinking of buying a 68 chevelle, will the LT1 and tranny from a 95 SS work in this car? I have been lookin all around on the web, cant find nothing. PLEASE HELP ME!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,
Yes, it will. There are lots of guys that have done this type of conversion. If you can get the wiring harness from the car as well it won't be that bad. If you don't want to run a lot of the emissions stuff, the VATS, or even the 4L60E, the codes for these can be eliminated in the Engine Computer (PCM). I have done lots of these for street rod guys and guys putting LT1's into older hot rods, that is how I know you can do it.
Later and good luck on your project,
Bryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PNUTBUTTER:
OK, I know this is a B-Body forum, but it seems as if yall know your stuff. I am thinking of buying a 68 chevelle, will the LT1 and tranny from a 95 SS work in this car? I have been lookin all around on the web, cant find nothing. PLEASE HELP ME!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can do the harness for you. I can either sell you a new harness or repin your exisitng harness. Contact me at:

[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do a search on yahoo for engine swaps,there was a website with a lot of useful info on putting a LT1 into a rx-7 and 240z.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info guys. Someone told me I would have to shorten the driveshaft? Any one know if this would be necessary? And yea Bryan I will definitly be contacting you when the time comes to reprogram the computer. If anyone has any helpful sites they know of, please share. appreciate it guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.