Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my class and home schedules meshed to allow me to get to the track on Thursday!

Previous best was with the LO3, [email protected]

Now we're in the 15's! [email protected] and [email protected]

2-3 shift is coming too late and I'm spinning my street tires ALOT, but it is really good to be in stock Impala territory.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
congratulations on the times! you definately earned it! and what an improvement :D

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What tranny are you running? The 700R4 that was behind the L03 or a 4L60E?

Your car is probably the fasted skirted Caprice! :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NICE!!!! But let me ask. After it is all said and done would you do it again?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great Job Curt !!!!!
You leaving on that WS6 probable had him pissing in his paints ... :D Door to door the hole way; he did get you at the top end but it was a good race !!! The 1-2 chirp was very Cool !!!!
Stay tuned kids ... 14's coming real soon !!!!
Kenny

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The transmission is a 4L60E. We're gonna reprogram the shift points soon. 14's are well within this things grasp.

And I was napping at the light on the poor WS6 too! I wonder if he was thinking "Am I gonna catch up with this guy?" He didn't pass until nearly the 1000' mark.

Would I do this over again? No. I would have saved my pennys and done a Ram-Jet 350. And a six speed tranny. Not too late to do the six speed is it? Hmmmmmmm.....

This swap is more like converting from an inline six to a big-block, none of the existing pieces work. It really was worth it, just not worth doing again.

The best part is people really notice the over-the-top plug wires, but few notice that the engine doesn't belong there.

Fastest Skirted Caprice? I LIKE that.

Definitely the Fastest 1991 Charcoal Gray Caprice with an LT1/4L60E, Bonnie seats, Olds Custom Cruiser Cluster, LSS console, Pioneer Radio, Taz floormats, glowing blue bow tie...etc.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A 15 second WS6? I hope your not talking about a Firebird. If you are I hope the owner burns it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He beat me by half a second at the finish line and I left him at the tree by at least half a second, so he's at a 14, maybe a high 13.

And it was a manual, so driver skill matters too.

Ask Kenny about his willingness to take on manual Vettes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts